+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Michigan Woman Claims Starburst Candies Are Dangerously Chewy in Lawsuit

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Michigan Woman Claims Starburst Candies Are Dangerously Chewy in Lawsuit

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286855,00.html

People like this trash are the reason America's society is in a downward spiral. People like her need to be eliminated from the planet
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: Michigan Woman Claims Starburst Candies Are Dangerously Chewy in Lawsuit

For what it's worth, I can sympathize with this woman. Vette has that condition where your jaw becomes unhinged it it opens too wide or is put in stress. In fact, I had to bring her to the emergency room 2 weeks ago to have them put her jaw back in socket. I can see where someone with that condition could have problems with some types of candies like that. I wonder if the woman had had a Starburst before or if this was her first time. They can be pretty chewy and I know I've had some problems with them at times, enough so that if Vette had tried to chew on them, she probably would have had some problems. I'll say this though, I'm not saying Starburst is at fault for this problem, however, it would probably behoove them to put some sort of disclaimer on their packaging from now on.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Mars Inc. shouldn't get any blame... I understand about the condition, but I can't seem to wrap my mind around how eating something, like a starburst, would be any different than chewing gum or eating green beans, ice cream, cooked carrots, and many other regular foods.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Starburst are a bit chewy and sometimes hard...it's best when eating one thats been in your hot car for awhile, it gets a little softer. Same thing with Now or Later. Just don't try it with chocolate!

The most ridiculous case I've heard is the $54 mil (originally $67 mil) lawsuit against a couple who owned a dry cleaner that lost his pants. Roy L. Pearson, an administrative law judge, lost the case. I felt bad for the couple, this lawsuit went on since 2005.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070625/..._million_pants

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-La View Post
    Mars Inc. shouldn't get any blame... I understand about the condition, but I can't seem to wrap my mind around how eating something, like a starburst, would be any different than chewing gum or eating green beans, ice cream, cooked carrots, and many other regular foods.
    Big, huge difference. In fact, Vette doesn't even eat starburst, now and laters or any other excessively chewy candy for that specific reason. I'll tell you what. Go buy some starbursts and eat them and then eat some ice cream, cooked carrots, green beans and other regular foods and tell me you can't tell the difference.

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    The most ridiculous case I've heard is the $54 mil (originally $67 mil) lawsuit against a couple who owned a dry cleaner that lost his pants. Roy L. Pearson, an administrative law judge, lost the case. I felt bad for the couple, this lawsuit went on since 2005.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070625/..._million_pants
    That happened here in DC. This case was all over the talk radio here for over a month, and almost half of the callers here were sympathetic with the judge.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by 9701Dawg View Post
    That happened here in DC. This case was all over the talk radio here for over a month, and almost half of the callers here were sympathetic with the judge.
    Remember you are in DC where everyone lives on hands outs from the real world.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

And this judge has likely seen many plaintiffs get rich off of million-dollar win-falls that he began to think "why not me?"
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    And this judge has likely seen many plaintiffs get rich off of million-dollar win-falls that he began to think "why not me?"
    Nevermind, it says he was an administrative law judge.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    Remember you are in DC where everyone lives on hands outs from the real world.
    Next thing you know they will be electing mayors that smoke crack. :bigcry:

I'm about ready to call the time of death on America.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Will she get her money Now or Later? Wait that's another lawsuit.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Damn, my ICEE today was too cold, I got permanate brain freeze. Morris Bart where are you when I need you man.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    In fact, Vette doesn't even eat starburst, now and laters or any other excessively chewy candy for that specific reason.
    I think that's the whole point. Vette realizes the issue and avoids it for her own good. This lady thinks that she should be entitled to Starburst candy regardless of her natural condition and sues the company.

That Vette is pretty sharp. Her taste in husbands is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    I think that's the whole point. Vette realizes the issue and avoids it for her own good. This lady thinks that she should be entitled to Starburst candy regardless of her natural condition and sues the company.

That Vette is pretty sharp. Her taste in husbands is another story.
    Do we know whether or not that was the first time the woman had ever had a Starburst? If not, then I agree with you. If she had never had one before, then how should she know to avoid them?

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

McArthur says she just wants to make sure nobody else meets the same end she did when she decided to indulge her sweetooth.
    "I don't want to see anybody else have to go through what I have gone through from eating a piece of candy that was supposed to be soft chew," she said.

BS! If that's all she wanted then why sue for the $? I'm sick of idiot warnings on items..I got a new smoker (grill) the other day and it had at least 10 warnings on it such as "Caution: Surfaces hot when in use"....."Caution: Sharp edges may cause injury" .."Caution: This (obviously huge, round, steel barrel with heavy duty attachments) unit is heavy. Do not lift alone". REAAALLLY!! Thank goodness I had these warnings in English and Spanish or I might not have survived the whole process. I wish I had this lady's address, I would send her a free case of Now and Laters for her pain and suffering.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

+ Reply to Thread