+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Affirmative Action...

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Affirmative Action...

Your thoughts?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Affirmative Action...

1. I have no problem with any private institution that wants to implement "affirmative action" as part of its hiring and promotion practices.

2. I also have no problem with any private institution that would rather stick to hiring and promoting people of a single race, religion, sex or nationality.

3. I think both of the aforementioned practices are short-sighted and probably never in the best interest of the profitability of the private institution. In many institutions diversity is probably a good thing to have, but "diversity", in and of itself, is not as important as getting the person most qualified, capable, and motivated to do the job.

4. I DO have a problem with the government regulating hiring, firing, and promoting practices of private institutions.
    Last edited by Guisslapp; 06-27-2007 at 05:22 PM.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    1. I have no problem with any private institution that wants to implement "affirmative action" as part of its hiring and promotion practices.

2. I also have no problem with any private institution that would rather stick to hiring and promoting people of a single race, religion, sex or nationality.

3. I think both of the aforementioned practices are short-sighted and probably never in the best interest of the profitability of the private institution. In many institutions diversity is probably a good thing to have, but "diversity", in and of itself, is not as important as getting the person most qualified, capable, and motivated to do the job.

4. I DO have a problem with the government regulating hiring, firing, and promoting practices of private institutions.
    Couldn't have said it better myself..RX8
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Complete agreement. Good Post.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

^what he said.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Could it be that everyone agrees on something??? *gasp*

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AG_jr View Post
    don't know. lets see how champ and daybreaker respond (if they do).

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AG_jr View Post
    Actually, no. I think affirmative action is a necessary evil.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    It just needs to be tweaked.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

It's hardly "necessary" - you just like it.
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

It's hardly "necessary" - you just like it.
    Actually, no I don't. In fact, affirmative action has negatively affected my family, however, it's a necessary evil, and I say that from personal experience of seeing discrimination in practice within the last couple of years.

Actually, no I don't. In fact, affirmative action has negatively affected my family, however, it's a necessary evil, and I say that from personal experience of seeing discrimination in practice within the last couple of years.
    Why should business owners not have a right to discriminate?

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

DD,

Why does the Govt. have the right to have any influence whatsoever in my companies hiring process? I am the one that will succeed or fail based upon my hiring decisions. If I don't hire the best man for the job and my competitor does then I will surely face the natural consequences that occur in the marketplace.

Also even if affirmative action works on one side, doesn't the harm it inevitably causes on the other side cancel the progress out making it a wash.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    DD,

Why does the Govt. have the right to have any influence whatsoever in my companies hiring process? I am the one that will succeed or fail based upon my hiring decisions. If I don't hire the best man for the job and my competitor does then I will surely face the natural consequences that occur in the marketplace.

Also even if affirmative action works on one side, doesn't the harm it inevitably causes on the other side cancel the progress out making it a wash.
    and the biggest harm it causes is that it continues discrimination. to emphasize racial differences is exactly the LAST thing this country needs to do to improve racial relations.

Where did you go Dirty?

+ Reply to Thread