+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Funds blocked

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

Re: Funds blocked

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Because it will be percieved (and rightfully so) as taking money from the GF of the already UNDERFUNDED universities within the system and dumping that money into athletics -

Unless the STATE will increase FUNDING for each and every school in an amount EXCEEDING the amounts that would be allowed to be transfered to the athletic funds - it would really be bad for the schools overall -

Right now, out of TECH's budget where would the additional $3 million come from?

That's my point -

Raise the cap all you like - if the funding is NOT there it is a useless jesture -
    Dwayne,

What college on the Louisiana Tech campus has the potential to be self-sufficient with zero state funds or GF from the university?

Do we have a college on campus that is self-sufficient?

Thanks,
    Lane

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdawg View Post
    Dwayne,

What college on the Louisiana Tech campus has the potential to be self-sufficient with zero state funds or GF from the university?

Do we have a college on campus that is self-sufficient?

Thanks,
    Lane
    Actually DWAYNE you are 100% correct on your first statement.....I just read the Shreveport Times and the headline and 1st line are so far from the truth it is not funny.

People who would read the article would be under the assumption that all of these state colleges are requesting around 2-3 million from the state.

VERY, VERY misleading.

The State of Louisiana, Board of Regents, and the media in Louisiana just do not "get it". What a huge disappointment.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9701Dawg View Post
    Thanks for the information, definitely an eye-opener.

Hopefully Jindal can/will push for reform here. I know some of the LSU law professors, and some med-school professors, were disgusted over how ineffeciently the university system was operated in LA. I think the LA university governance system is the only one of its kind in the U.S. and LA universities lag behind the rest of the country.
    Your putting an awful big amount of hope in Jindal. Jindal is a politician number 1 and he making a lot of promises to be elected. (I am sure he will be elected in a landslide due to not having one decent competitor) Yet, I seriously doubt he will do anything about the LA governance system. Many others have tried and failed.

This is Louisiana and as far as most people outside the state realize we only have one school of higher ed...LSU. I think the politicos are happy about that for the most part so why should there be any changes?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdawg View Post
    Dwayne,

Patents originating from the College of Engineering and Sciences and the new nano program have the potential to bring tons of money to Louisiana Tech.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Since LSU doesn't need a general fund transfer for athletics I humbly predict that we will see the Louisiana BoR members publically preaching "FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY" instead of "We have seen the comparative research and must admit that we have grossly underfunded Louisiana's athletic programs vs their peer public institutions for the past 20+ years".

Here are the members of the 2007 Louisiana Board of Regents:
    http://www.regents.state.la.us/Board/regents.htm
    Pat A. Strong (Chairman)- LSU graduate in Business
    Scott O. Brame (Vice Chairman)- LSU graduate in Accounting
    Artis L. Terrell, Jr. (Secretary)- UL-M graduate

Roland M. Toups- LSU graduate Engineering, LSUCollege of Business Advisory Board, LSU Construction Management Hall of Fame

W. Clinton "Bubba" Rasberry, Jr.- LSU graduate School of Forestry
    Robert J. Bruno- LSU graduate
    Richard E. D'Aquin- LSU graduate
    Maurice C. Durbin- LSU graduate BS English MS Special Education
    Donna G. Klein- Tulane graduate School of Law
    Ingrid T. Labat- LSU graduate School of Medicine
    Robert W. Levy- LSU graduate School of Law (lives in Ruston)
    Mary Ellen Roy- UL-Laf graduate in Political Science
    William Clifford Smith- LSU graduate in Civil Engineering
    Victor T. Stelly- LSU graduate in Education
    Harold M. Stokes- UC-Irvine graduate, Orthopaedic surgeon in New Orleans
    Student member James Klock- LSU-A sophomore political science major
    Talk about institutional inbreeding.....

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Your putting an awful big amount of hope in Jindal. Jindal is a politician number 1 and he making a lot of promises to be elected. (I am sure he will be elected in a landslide due to not having one decent competitor) Yet, I seriously doubt he will do anything about the LA governance system. Many others have tried and failed.

This is Louisiana and as far as most people outside the state realize we only have one school of higher ed...LSU. I think the politicos are happy about that for the most part so why should there be any changes?
    I remember hearing that Jindal tried to overhaul the University of Louisiana system and was trying to limit the number of schools in LA, however, the higher-ups prevented any change.

Remember, LA has been run by the "good ole boy" network for near eternity. Has LA ever had a conservative governor? The system of rewarding failure (see ULM) should end under Jindal.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Patents originating from the College of Engineering and Sciences and the new nano program have the potential to bring tons of money to Louisiana Tech.
    I have read this before and I think that is very exciting. It pumps me up as much as a win over a BCS program.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I have read this before and I think that is very exciting. It pumps me up as much as a win over a BCS program.
    I'm like you. Whenever I think about this, I always think of Gatorade.

Puppy NSUBand98 has turned a few heads around hereNSUBand98 has turned a few heads around here NSUBand98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Since LSU doesn't need a general fund transfer for athletics I humbly predict that we will see the Louisiana BoR members publically preaching "FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY" instead of "We have seen the comparative research and must admit that we have grossly underfunded Louisiana's athletic programs vs their peer public institutions for the past 20+ years".

Here are the members of the 2007 Louisiana Board of Regents:
    http://www.regents.state.la.us/Board/regents.htm
    Pat A. Strong (Chairman)- LSU graduate in Business
    Scott O. Brame (Vice Chairman)- LSU graduate in Accounting
    Artis L. Terrell, Jr. (Secretary)- UL-M graduate

Roland M. Toups- LSU graduate Engineering, LSUCollege of Business Advisory Board, LSU Construction Management Hall of Fame

W. Clinton "Bubba" Rasberry, Jr.- LSU graduate School of Forestry
    Robert J. Bruno- LSU graduate
    Richard E. D'Aquin- LSU graduate
    Maurice C. Durbin- LSU graduate BS English MS Special Education
    Donna G. Klein- Tulane graduate School of Law
    Ingrid T. Labat- LSU graduate School of Medicine
    Robert W. Levy- LSU graduate School of Law (lives in Ruston)
    Mary Ellen Roy- UL-Laf graduate in Political Science
    William Clifford Smith- LSU graduate in Civil Engineering
    Victor T. Stelly- LSU graduate in Education
    Harold M. Stokes- UC-Irvine graduate, Orthopaedic surgeon in New Orleans
    Student member James Klock- LSU-A sophomore political science major
    Nothing to be proud of, BUT, Vic Stelly got his bachelors degree from Northwestern St.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NSUBand98 View Post
    Nothing to be proud of, BUT, Vic Stelly got his bachelors degree from Northwestern St.
    Definitely wouldn't brag about that. He is truly persona non grata in most places in this state!

Big Dog Lone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of light Lone Star Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NSUBand98 View Post
    Hmm, Vic the Demon?

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

"Patents originating from the College of Engineering and Sciences and the new nano program have the potential to bring tons of money to Louisiana Tech." - CHC

I've been expecting Tech to make a lot of money from the nano thing, but have heard nothing about the potential revenue. Will Louisiana Tech profit substantially from patents, etc?

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    "Patents originating from the College of Engineering and Sciences and the new nano program have the potential to bring tons of money to Louisiana Tech." - CHC

I've been expecting Tech to make a lot of money from the nano thing, but have heard nothing about the potential revenue. Will Louisiana Tech profit substantially from patents, etc?
    Could. It depends on how successful the patented invention is in the marketplace.

+ Reply to Thread