+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Dems go racial

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: Dems go racial

Quote Originally Posted by TechSupporter11 View Post
    It's quite simple really...going all the way back to one of the most historical Supreme Court cases ever in "Brown vs. Board of Education" (1954), where everyone (or should I say almost everyone) knows that the court ruled that the government's segregation of schoolchildren by race violated the Constitution's equal protection law...

But what a lot of people don't realize is that the cases following "Brown" were interpreted by the court requiring only minimum standards in order to comply with the court's original ruling...for the most part, the court wanted to leave it up to the local communities to decide what measures should be taken in order to integrate their schools...and they did, and they have ever since to continue their integration efforts...

In this particular case, Seattle and Louisville were the cities in question, and both communities have made several efforts to modify its integration standards to resist the threat of resegregation

All of this, of course, is now completely ruined...over half a century of cases regarding race in schools are now crap because of these justices...Justice Bryor said it best when he said "never have so few people done so much in so little time"

Sure, in a perfect world it would be great for everyone to be colorblind and not have race be an issue at all when it comes to matters like this, but unfortunately this isn't a perfect world and this court had no right to to make this ruling...if the local community has a problem with its integration standards, then they should change them themselves, not the Supreme Court...

Tisk tisk, all of this over a stupid "tiebreaker" rule for racial classifications
    '
    I don't buy that explanation one bit. I see a vast difference between segregation and what the court just said. Segregation is saying "you can't go to this school because your white" or "you can't go to this school because your black" or "Hispanic/Latino" or "Asian" or whatever- basically that "this school is only for this race, now go away"... Are you saying that we are to change what we have learned and what has been taught about what segregation is/was because somebody's master plan (intentional wording) got thrown off???

How is saying that schools can not use race as a determining factor for anything the same as segregation??? This is giving EQUAL access to everyone, regardless of race... If I'm not mistaken, is that not what Brown v. BE intended and such?

And the another issue - should schools be state or federally controlled? OR privately? (I personally say privately - can be better, because it really can't get any worse)

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I personally think it's left-handed people who are the most discriminated against
    We allow left-handed people on BB&B? That's insane!

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

I personally think it's left-handed people who are the most discriminated against
    I hate left handed people. Good urinal design has historically allowed us to use the flushing lever (on the left) without using the "holding hand" (on the right). But no... lefties have to violate the flushing levers with their filthy holding hands. And look what happens... we have to update all of our urinals to use electronic sensors to flush. What an enourmous economic impact these freaks have caused us good, normal, God fearing right-handed people.

I'm not even gonna get started on left handed golf clubs. Bastards.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    No kidding. TS11 probably even has his mouse on the LEFT side of his keyboard. Of all the nerve!

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

I'm amphibious! I can flush with either hand. Or is that ambi-whatever? :icon_wink:
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    I'm amphibious!
    I think that means you swim in the urinal.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

I'm amphibious! I can flush with either hand. Or is that ambi-whatever? :icon_wink:
    I got this line from Brett Favre when he was miked up..coach asked him if he could run the same play from the first quarter (which went left) to the right in the 3rd quarter...Brett replied, "What do you think, I'm amphibious?" Coach did a double take and Favre cracked- up. It's pretty much the only time I've ever laughed out loud from the miked-up guys during season.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty View Post
    I hate left handed people. Good urinal design has historically allowed us to use the flushing lever (on the left) without using the "holding hand" (on the right). But no... lefties have to violate the flushing levers with their filthy holding hands. And look what happens... we have to update all of our urinals to use electronic sensors to flush. What an enourmous economic impact these freaks have caused us good, normal, God fearing right-handed people.

I'm not even gonna get started on left handed golf clubs. Bastards.
    What I hate most are those dad gummed left handed tennis rackets.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    What I hate most are those dad gummed left handed tennis rackets.
    And left-handed spoons.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

And left-handed spoons.
    and pool cues.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi View Post
    and pool cues.
    and screwdrivers

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

The first time I took the ACT, they made me sit in a left-handed desk.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    The first time I took the ACT, they made me sit in a left-handed desk.
    standardized tests are a foothold of the devil.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I love one of the comments at the bottom...

"The President looks like an ugly black woman?!?"

+ Reply to Thread