+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dems go racial

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Dems go racial

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19487919/

What say you?

Is this responsible leadership? Is it healthy to tell the black electorate that they are being discriminated against (from the government's response to Katrina to AIDS research)? Does this help race relations or hurt them?
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: Dems go racial

Maybe you can explain this to me - but just how does this "roll back a half-century of desegregation laws"???

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

I don't know, it is just the kind of stuff Dems like to say because it makes a good soundbite.
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19487919/

What say you?

Is this responsible leadership? Is it healthy to tell the black electorate that they are being discriminated against (from the government's response to Katrina to AIDS research)? Does this help race relations or hurt them?
    This is pure race baiting and it hurts race relations. Gee... what did Slick and Hillary do with their 8 years in office to help the race cause? ZERO....NADA
    Actually, I still don't know what Slick did during his 8 years that helped this country period. I still can't name one thing. Not one peice of legislature.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

I'm hearing it from everywhere though... not just dems/libs...

I think Roberts said it right - "The way to stop discrimination on the basis of race is to stop discriminating on the basis of race."

So why is this a problem??? I don't see it as ignoring racism...

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    This is pure race baiting and it hurts race relations. Gee... what did Slick and Hillary do with their 8 years in office to help the race cause? ZERO....NADA
    Actually, I still don't know what Slick did during his 8 years that helped this country period. I still can't name one thing. Not one peice of legislature.
    The thing I would say to that is all the legislature you would normally remember, is stuff that are "hot button" issues or that have been bad in the short term or long run. Most of the good stuff, you usually don't remember. At least, that is what I have observed.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-La View Post
    I'm hearing it from everywhere though... not just dems/libs...

I think Roberts said it right - "The way to stop discrimination on the basis of race is to stop discriminating on the basis of race."

So why is this a problem??? I don't see it as ignoring racism...
    I agree with the decision. I'm all for equal opportunity, not special opportunity.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post

It's must have been a great 8 years because Slick is riding high in approval ratings. Of course, anything before the GWB disaster probably boosts people's memory of how great Slick is.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

I don't remember Slick doing anything particularly remarkable - he just didn't screw everything up like GWB. I would prefer our president to fool around with White House interns in the oval office instead of dreaming up the next international conflict.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

I don't remember Slick doing anything particularly remarkable

Doing nothing (except raising taxes) is the legacy of the Klinton administration.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    I agree with the decision. I'm all for equal opportunity, not special opportunity.
    Equal opportunity...special opportunity.

Someone told me the other day with much conviction that the most descriminated group of people in america today is white males.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

I don't remember Slick doing anything particularly remarkable - he just didn't screw everything up like GWB. I would prefer our president to fool around with White House interns in the oval office instead of dreaming up the next international conflict.
    i said practically the same thing to a friend last night...weird.

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    Equal opportunity...special opportunity.

Someone told me the other day with much conviction that the most descriminated group of people in america today is white males.
    I personally think it's left-handed people who are the most discriminated against

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

You yougsters and liberal idiots keep believing that conservatives sit around and "dream up international conflicts"...at least we don't "kill" asprin factories to remove the "stain" from blue dresses!

BTW, they came here first in 1993...they were here on 09/11...they're still here. Its not our fault that they are here. They are here because they loathe us.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-La View Post
    Maybe you can explain this to me - but just how does this "roll back a half-century of desegregation laws"???
    It's quite simple really...going all the way back to one of the most historical Supreme Court cases ever in "Brown vs. Board of Education" (1954), where everyone (or should I say almost everyone) knows that the court ruled that the government's segregation of schoolchildren by race violated the Constitution's equal protection law...

But what a lot of people don't realize is that the cases following "Brown" were interpreted by the court requiring only minimum standards in order to comply with the court's original ruling...for the most part, the court wanted to leave it up to the local communities to decide what measures should be taken in order to integrate their schools...and they did, and they have ever since to continue their integration efforts...

In this particular case, Seattle and Louisville were the cities in question, and both communities have made several efforts to modify its integration standards to resist the threat of resegregation

All of this, of course, is now completely ruined...over half a century of cases regarding race in schools are now crap because of these justices...Justice Bryor said it best when he said "never have so few people done so much in so little time"

Sure, in a perfect world it would be great for everyone to be colorblind and not have race be an issue at all when it comes to matters like this, but unfortunately this isn't a perfect world and this court had no right to to make this ruling...if the local community has a problem with its integration standards, then they should change them themselves, not the Supreme Court...

Tisk tisk, all of this over a stupid "tiebreaker" rule for racial classifications

+ Reply to Thread