+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Dems go racial

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Dems go racial

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    1. Totally ridiculous as it applies to the failure of today's public schools and the lack of whiteness.
    2. You, like the government likes to do, are over complicating a cultural problem by blaming the past. It's as silly as blaming statues.
    3. More bad, copied, and pasted info from some misinformed apologist on a guilt trip. It's not at all accurate.
    4. Don't you see that the people running Grambling are the problem, not the attendees? That's cultural corruption and only goes back approximately 50 years. It's the same with most failing public schools. Caddo and Monroe City are prime examples.
    5. How can you blame something that happened over 100 years ago for those problems?
    1. Don't worry about it's application, just tell me whether or not its true. Your qualification indicates that you're not refuting that the exodus began then. Do I read you wrong on that?

2. No, I just refuse to act like the past had no bearing on the present. I KNOW you don't believe that the past has no bearing on the present. That's not true with anything, why in the world would it be true here. This feels like you're responding to some conclusion I haven't made yet.

3. I'll be glad to tell you where the numbers come from. You'll forgive my hesitancy as the source isn't WND, Brietbard, or FoxNews. OUR culture now calls anything that rubs us the wrong way, fake news. Don't worry about the conclusions they draw, if you claim the numbers are inaccurate, you must know the accurate numbers. I'm happy to be corrected or educated on what actually went down.

4. Your propagating a false dichotomy. The people running and attending Grambling can be a problem AND the past can be a problem. If you don't think discriminated cultures were struggling prior to 1967, all I can say is that your estimation is at odds with facts.

5. How can you not acknowledge that centuries of slavery have negative impacts that last at least 1/3 as long as the enslavement. Are you SERIOUSLY going to make that claim?

Clearly education has your dander up, but the timeline and the numbers speak for themselves. Deny the correlation if you wish, but the implications are obvious. Surely you can acknowledge that, as a whole, the African American community has had some serious disadvantages over their history. Do you deny that?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Also, it hurts my feelings that you said I copied and pasted! I paraphrased fair and square!
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Not that I care....really...but one would think the anti-South crowd would love Gone With the Wind.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Not that I care....really...but one would think the anti-South crowd would love Gone With the Wind.
    They're not smart enough to understand the movie muchless why they would like it.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tylertechsas View Post
    they're not smart enough to understand the movie muchless why they would like it.
    exactly!!!!!

A good read.

MASON WEAVER

BLACKS: STOP BELIEVING 'WHITE PRIVILEGE' IS REAL

Exclusive: Mason Weaver identifies well-funded effort to create racial discord in U.S.

Published: 16 hours ago

I graduated from UC Berkeley in 1975 with a BS degree in political science. I studied sociology at Merritt College under Melvin Newton, Huey Newton’s older brother. I have studied black history, Swahili, the African slave trade and understand the racial tensions in America. I understand that the current tension is manufactured, fake and designed to destroy America, not to unite us.
    Once again, black people are pawns of other groups. We are the cannon fodder to illuminate their causes while we still suffer. There is no nationwide, deep racial problem in America, but there is a well-funded effort to create one.
    Everyday Americans of all colors, economic backgrounds, educational levels and faiths all live and work together. It is only on television that we see the racial strife. We then spend our time apologizing over make-believe issues.
    I wrote the book “Tribalism” trying to explain why we continue to allow those who hate us to also lead us. Black people are not intimidated by a flag, statue or monument. Most black people are just like most other people. We are thinking about our jobs, children and grandchildren. Let’s make an agreement. I will judge people of all races by the people I see, meet and talk to every day – if you will do the same.
    I pledge not to allow the news media to tell me about you if you don’t allow them to tell you about me. If we did that, we would stamp out this fairytale and turn our attention to the real problems facing us.
    The Black Panthers were black cats; the New Black Panthers (NBP) are kittens. We protested and demonstrated for the right to join America and to participate in the American dream. This New Black Panther party believes begging white people is the key to their success.
    The old Black Panther Party confronted the real problems in the black community, and one of those was the police. It was the police that shot up our headquarters on Grand Avenue in Oakland. They drove by, shot up the windows, drove around the block and came back to continue shooting up the place. It wasn’t a “drive by” because they got out of their cars, stood on the streets and fired. That was a real police problem. But today, the police are NOT the real problem.
    If the NBP organization wanted to confront the real enemies of the black community, they would be protesting in front of the Bloods, Crips, other black gangs, public schools and Planned ParentHood. They would be challenging every pimp they see and harassing every drug dealer on the block.
    Black “Lies” Matter may as well change its name to “Black Lies Scatter” after that embarrassing cowardly displayed in Dallas, July 2016, when a sniper killed five police officers during a protest. When the gunfire started, BLM scattered like children chasing down an ice cream truck.
    Trampling over women and children, these male “Black Warriors” allowed white police officers to guard and protect their black women. Meanwhile, those police officers ran toward the gunfire, having to dodge the self-serving “Black Warriors” running for safety away from the gunfire. I guess Black Lives do Matter … to white cops.
    Now, BLM is joining forces with the New Black Panthers to separate from America. While back in the 1970s we marched for the right to vote, the New Black Panthers are trying to intimidate voters into not voting.
    The NBP and BLM are just inner-city gangs, looking for their own territory. NBP should have a business selling products, starting schools and organizing black folks for success. If they want their own nation, it would be prudent to hold a convention, develop a platform and introduce legislation. But instead they are conducting themselves in the same manner as any other inner-city black gang. We judge you by your fruits. Because BLM hasn’t produced any books, offered any classes, or even instructions, as to their goals, I can only conclude they are being used as someone’s tool. Who is it, then, that does not “matter”? I just don’t trust tools.

The “white privilege” concept is a surrender of your racial identity and acceptance of the inferiority complex taught to black people today. Believing in “white privilege” means believing white people are superior and need to take better care of their slaves. It requires you to accept the concept that white people control everything and the only hope you have is to beg for a better life.
    If you believe in “white privilege,” then you are weak and non-competitive. I have never met a white person who was superior to me. I have met some more experienced, successful or more talented, but never met a superior white person in my life. Black Lies Matter should compete in the American Dream. You will lose some and win some, but you will be in charge.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2017/08/blacks-st...ouo45e3U4Jl.99

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Good point. Senate Republicans might all be white, but there are 5 women.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curr..._States_Senate

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Good point. Senate Republicans might all be white
    Senate Republicans aren't all Caucasian.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Senate Republicans aren't all Caucasian.
    Brown don't count?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Right, forgot about the more recent Scott from SC.

But why do you think the percentage of blacks in the Senate is different than in the population at large?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    But why do you think the percentage of blacks in the Senate is different than in the population at large?
    Why is the percentage of other institutions different than the population at large? Such as the NBA and NFL. I suppose there are reasons that address all those apparent discrepancies. But....are they really discrepancies are just part of a larger statistical "that's just the way it is....currently?"

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Why is the percentage of other institutions different than the population at large? Such as the NBA and NFL. I suppose there are reasons that address all those apparent discrepancies. But....are they really discrepancies are just part of a larger statistical "that's just the way it is....currently?"
    That's what you call a "kill shot". You nailed it 80.

+ Reply to Thread