+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: top area prospects listed on scout

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

top area prospects listed on scout

these are the uncommited ones that scout lists. Sykes is the only one to list us.

Shekinna Stricklen, Morrilton, AR
    http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=209&p=8&c=1&nid=2744409

Chealsea Jones, Fort Smith, AR
    http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=209&p=8&c=1&nid=2669063

Lasondra Barrett Jackson, MS
    http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=209&p=8&c=1&nid=2997078

April Sykes Crawford, MS
    http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=209&p=8&c=1&nid=2515265

Courtney Jones, Midfield, AL
    http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=209&p=8&c=1&nid=2687602

Brooklyn Pope Fort Worth, TX
    http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=209&p=8&c=1&nid=2091190

Nneka Ogwumike Cypress, TX
    http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=209&p=8&c=1&nid=2656271

Briana Galbreath Katy, TX
    http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=209&p=8&c=1&nid=2407586

Destini Hughes Waxahachie, TX
    http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=209&p=8&c=1&nid=2091098

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Re: top area prospects listed on scout

this site lists most of them:

http://web.utk.edu/~smarshal/2008.htm

here are a few others in the area:

Morgan Shell, 5'10 F, Marble Falls TX, Marble Falls HS End of the Oregon Trail All-Tournament Team (2006), TABC 4A All-State Team (2006), All-Region Team (2005, 2006), All-Area (San Antonio) First Team (2005, 2006). 20 ppg, 7 rpg, 5 apg.

Jasmine Malone, 5'10 F, San Antonio TX, Antonian HS End of the Oregon Trail All-Tournament Team (2006), All-District First Team (2006), TAPPS 6A All-State First Team (2006). 17 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 2 apg, 3 spg.

Kierra Mallard, 6'2 PF, Richardson TX, Berkner HS adidas Top Ten Camp All-Star (2005), Street & Smith All-America HM (2006).

Alex Jarrell, 6'4 C, Shelbyville TN, Shelbyville Central HS Street & Smith All-America HM.

Channon Haywood, 6'0 F, Florissant MO, Hazelwood East HS Street & Smith All-America HM (2006), All-Metro Second Team (2006), All-Conference First Team (2006). 16 ppg, 11 rpg.

Ashley Field, 6'2 C, Burnet TX, Faith Academy - Marble FallsEnd of the Oregon Trail All-Tournament Team (2006), TABC 4A All-Region Team (2005). 24 ppg, 14 rpg.

class of 09 has a louisiana player, unlike 08:

http://web.utk.edu/~smarshal/2009.htm

Kristi Bellock, 6'1 PF, River Ridge LA, John Curtis HS Student Sports Freshman All-America, 2A All-State First Team (2006), Conference MVP (2006). 21 ppg, 14 rpg, 4 bpg.

Kelsey Bone, 6'4 C, Sugar Land TX, John F. Dulles HSStreet & Smith All-America Fifth Team (2006), USA Today Super 25 (2006), USA Today Freshman All-America, Student Sports Freshman All-America, End of the Oregon Trail All-Tournament Team (2006), All-Metro (Houston) Second Team (2006), All-District First Team (2006), District Newcomer of the Year (2006).

Kimetria Hayden, 5'11 W, Dallas TX, Lincoln HS Street & Smith All-America HM (2006), Student Sports Freshman All-America, Area Newcomer of the Year (2006). 10 ppg, 4 rpg.

Cokie Reed, 6'3 C, Hewitt TX, Midway HS adidas Top Ten Camp Underclass All-Star (2006), Street & Smith All-America HM (2006). Baylor, Duke, LSU, Miami (Fl.), Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, others.

Shanay Washington, 6'0 F, Del Valle TX, Del Valle HS Street & Smith All-America HM (2006), TABC 4A All-Region First Team (2006), Region Newcomer of the Year (2006). 17 ppg, 9 rpg, 51% FG. Baylor, Duke, Georgia, North Carolina, Texas, others.

Varsity Bulldog gramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the rough

Strickland has since committed to Pat Summitt and the Lady Vols.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Sykes is a true gold mine. We need her and she could come right in, play, and take us back to the top.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

we will not get to the top until we get a freaking center.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    While I do agree with you, I will say that we need BOTH. We have to have slashers, pure outside shooters, strong forwards, and a strong post. We have the forwards and the slashers. I am hoping that a couple of the new girls are our answer to outside shooting. A true center would be a nice addition and would take us the rest of the way. If our outside shooting is solid, though, the forwards could take us somewhere.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    While I do agree with you, I will say that we need BOTH. We have to have slashers, pure outside shooters, strong forwards, and a strong post. We have the forwards and the slashers. I am hoping that a couple of the new girls are our answer to outside shooting. A true center would be a nice addition and would take us the rest of the way. If our outside shooting is solid, though, the forwards could take us somewhere.
    Champ, so are you saying we need a complete team? :icon_wink:

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Champ, so are you saying we need a complete team? :icon_wink:
    Yes, that would about sum it up. Team being the key word. We have some real talent at all our positions this year (except for the true Center), but they have to work as a team.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    Exactly Beaux66! This is about the point in the discussion where someone makes the statement "I'd rather have talent over size any day... we need more talented guards".

Wake me up when we have a talented 6-4 Lady Techsters center and a talented 6-11 (eligible this year) Bulldogs center.

Varsity Bulldog CYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really nice

Nneka is the real deal and her sister will be a sophmore this year and is just as good. They are great girls and help ref and coach in our local rec leagues. You can bet if you get one you will get the other in 2 years.

I keep telling them they need to be Techsters, but alas my own daughter chose LSU over Tech. AHHHHHHHHH!

2006 BB&B Women's Bracket Contest Champion SDDawg has turned a few heads around hereSDDawg has turned a few heads around here SDDawg's Avatar

I am with you on Nneka. I WISH she'd come to Tech. I've seen her play a number of times and she's getting lots of press on the AAU and USA squad this summer.

Kelsey Bone is a good one, too. She's a big girl - and not a 5 that wants to come outside and shoot the 3. An old school inside player. She'll be a junior this year and she's getting plenty of summer pub as well.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

What most concerns me about this list is how LSU is listed as "school of interest" for many of these young women. Tech is not on anyone's radar screen. This is a fairly new scenario to Tech, especially to the Techsters.

I know, I know, someone will surely say it doesn't matter, and that Leon took no-names and made them into WNBA stars.

But, it reinforces the fact that the Techsters are not currently on the national stage when it comes to recruiting, we're regional at best.

I have high hopes for this coming season. And I hope Chris Long proves me wrong in my judgment of him last season, for I truly believe that if this season is not successful on a national level, we will be in the dumps for a few years to come regarding recruits and scheduling.

I don't expect the Techsters to be picked to win the WAC, and perhaps that will light a fire under someone. IMO the WAC will be more difficult to win this year as there is a "chink in the armor" of the legacy. As difficult and disappointing as last season was, it's actually this season that will determine the success of the next few years.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Leon was once quoted in the Shreveport Times as saying Alana Beard was the only hs player in LA that he ever heavily recruited that he didn't sign. So saying he won without getting big recruits is not exactly right. He owned the state of LA and this is our problem now. If we could just get most of the in state talent to come to Tech we would be back in business.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

I don't know the inner workings of recruiting, but I have often wondered if certain schools cast a very wide net for players. I have reviewed the lists of top players for several years and I am always interested at how many players list Tennessee, LSU, Duke and UConn. I assume these payers have received some notification from these schools. There is no way these schools can be interested in so many players. I have always thought they send out some mass mailing resulting in the players thinking they are being recruited by them. Is this possible?

+ Reply to Thread