+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quitting smoking

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Re: Quitting smoking

Well I still say my way was much more fun.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    There is a new drug on the market that has had a lot of success with my patients. It is called Chantix. The starter pack runs about $115.00 for 1 month and the continuing pack is about $120.00 a month. It is marketed as the same price as a pack a day for 1 month. It does, however, require a prescription.
    You're in the medical profession and chose the name "deadawg"?

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty View Post
    You're in the medical profession and chose the name "deadawg"?
    Appropriate, I would say, for someone in a profession where you get paid based on the number of "procedures" performed as opposed to the "success rate"; and, it's always called a "practice", no matter how many times you do it. :icon_wink:

That being said, I am just now looking at a small circular scar on my left forearm. Rather faint, but I still can still see it very well, although it's been many years. It marks the spot where I stupidly ?? extinguished the last cigarette I ever smoked (best I remember) at the Cascades (long gone) in Monroe many years ago to "impress" my friends. They've prob all forgotten; but, I don't remember ever smoking a cigarette since ?? It worked for me.......

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

I have been a very heavy smoker all my adult life. Have tried every method that has come along to stop smoking with no success, except for a nine month period in the 70's when I became a Seventh Day Adventist for awhile. I have high hopes for Chantix, because it works differently than anything I have tried in the past. My biggest downfall with quitting, whether it is the gum, patch or hypnosis has been the fact that I wear down after about two weeks of attempting to quit. I get so tired of fighting the urges and feeling the pain that I just give up. The Chantix gradually makes you not want to smoke by turning off certain receptors in your brain. I figure this is brilliant because instead of fighting the urge to smoke you just begin to not want to smoke. This has worked for two friends of mine who I consider similarly addicted as myself. At any rate I plan to get a prescription when I get my physical. Have developed a pretty bad cough so I hope it isn't too late.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Hang in there BUZ. Chanitx really works. I really mean it when I say that if I can do it anybody can. At least one can of Copenhagen a day (that's a boatload of nicotine..way more than stogies) and I'm still clean. It hasn't been a cakewalk but now I'm stronger than the urges.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey BUZZ, you can do it. I remember you smoking back in college, but it was cool then. It's time to stop.

You kick this habit and I'll treat for dinner when you get your butt to Ruston for a game.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Appropriate, I would say, for someone in a profession where you get paid based on the number of "procedures" performed as opposed to the "success rate"; and, it's always called a "practice", no matter how many times you do it. :icon_wink:

That being said, I am just now looking at a small circular scar on my left forearm. Rather faint, but I still can still see it very well, although it's been many years. It marks the spot where I stupidly ?? extinguished the last cigarette I ever smoked (best I remember) at the Cascades (long gone) in Monroe many years ago to "impress" my friends. They've prob all forgotten; but, I don't remember ever smoking a cigarette since ?? It worked for me.......
    I am a pharmacist not a dr. I have been trained to say patient instead of customer because it supposedly is more personal and better for business.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    I am a pharmacist not a dr. I have been trained to say patient instead of customer because it supposedly is more personal and better for business.
    Good Job ! ! !

Keep plugging the Pfizer stuff. I'm a very long-time holder of Pfizer stock, and we need the revenue; not to mention, the resulting earnings.

+ Reply to Thread