+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knocked Up (the movie)

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Knocked Up (the movie)

went and saw it tonight after reading some reviews and checking out rottentomatos.com where it had one of the highest ratings i've seen on a movie. Just a warning to anyone who is considering going, bring a clicker to count the F'bombs. I'm not one that gets offended to often or quick but the continuous barage of bombs REALLY took away from the movie. I started seeing how many lines they could go through without using some kind of cuss word. AND for GOODNESS SAKE dont bring the teenage daughters.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Re: Knocked Up (the movie)

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    went and saw it tonight after reading some reviews and checking out rottentomatos.com where it had one of the highest ratings i've seen on a movie. Just a warning to anyone who is considering going, bring a clicker to count the F'bombs. I'm not one that gets offended to often or quick but the continuous barage of bombs REALLY took away from the movie. I started seeing how many lines they could go through without using some kind of cuss word. AND for GOODNESS SAKE dont bring the teenage daughters.
    Don't bring a teenage anything. That birth scene is BRUTAL.

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Went to see it opening weekend and saw a parent with about 7 kids (all under the age of 12) sitting in the 3rd row...interesting sight to say the least...

With regards to the film, it was definitely not a sophomore slump for writer/director Jude Apatow after 40-Year Old Virgin...guy really knows his stuff when it comes to films...a complete rarity to see a compassionate/caring film come out of dirty mouths...I swear, coming from an aspiring screenwriter, it's amazing how he comes up with the dialogue...Jude has personally saved comedies in my opinion..

And FYI, if you were slightly offended by this film, be sure not to watch Superbad when it comes out in August that Jude produced...suppose to be hardcore with the language

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

good movie but not old school, anchorman, wedding crashers good.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    I don't know, i think if more teenage girls see it, those that may not have the most wholesome reputation may be encouraged to think before the jump in bed. I know I CERTAINLY would never want to give birth after watching that delivery scene.

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Needless to say the crowning was a directing shocker and then he shows it again

Talk about a climax...

Varsity Bulldog cgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecgraves562 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Saw it this weekend. I was hilarious, a little long for the type of movie it was, but good.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

My husband and I both thought we were going to see a comedy. We didn't laugh much and hated the language. We both kept waiting for it to get funny. If I had known it never would I would have gotten up and left. The language was so unnecessary and the plot was stupid. It is the worst I have seen in quite some time. I will do my homework before I go see another movie- I thought it was horrible.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

It depends on the person...i thought it was funny, but the 40 year old virgin was much better.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    It depends on the person...i thought it was funny, but the 40 year old virgin was much better.
    MUCH better.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    My husband and I both thought we were going to see a comedy. We didn't laugh much and hated the language. We both kept waiting for it to get funny. If I had known it never would I would have gotten up and left. The language was so unnecessary and the plot was stupid. It is the worst I have seen in quite some time. I will do my homework before I go see another movie- I thought it was horrible.
    Amazing how different opinions can be got great reviews from the critics thought it was a plot most guys could relate to, could have done without the language but that kind of stuff really doesnt bother me...Thought it was very funny but I've seen better.

Big Dog LTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the rough LTUIronDawg's Avatar

To each his own, I guess. It was rude and crude but I thought it was funny. I wasn't disappointed. I thought it was better than 40 Year Old Virgin. We rented Dreamgirls the other night and dispite the great music and acting I lost interest about half-way thru the movie.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

My favorite part of Knocked Up was the "pinkeye"

Bulldog dawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the ears dawgette's Avatar

it was the most enjoyable movie i have seen in a long time. i'm not too big on *stupid* comedies, and granted, the language was well overdone (it would have been just has funny without it), but, i haven't been to a theatre where everybody was belly-laughing throughout the entire movie in forever. worth the money i paid...

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

despite the language, this was a smarter comedy than a lot of people probably think. Judd Apatow is my new hero.
    "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt

+ Reply to Thread