+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Re: Harry Potter

Just saw the movie. I'd say it's the best of the series. She really is getting better in her writing with each book and it shows. They still are definitely kids stories (not that there's anything wrong with that) but they have a lot more depth to them now.

Oh yea, I can't believe Snape is bad. He's too easy to dislike to really be bad.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Saw it Saturday afternoon -

Thought it was good, still like Prisoner of Azkaban better -

Was a little disappointed in the fight at the end after all the talk about it - was a "knock your socks off" show down I expected -

Umbridge was great - her part was played perfectly....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

The more I watch it (I think I've seen it about 8 times now), the more I enjoy... But I also feel like there's plenty missing that should be in there, and it's a bit jumpy (more than GoF). But I still like it...

Maybe I'm over-thinking this, but I don't see how it will be beneficial to the movie series, and to a much lesser extent the book series, to have the last book come out before the last 2 movies. I would think with the last book out and everyone knowing what happens, it would detract from the last two movies... The audience that haven't read the books (like me) are still going to want to go even though we will know the outcome, but what about the Potter faithful???

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

The Potter faithful will go. They are going to be looking for ANYTHING Potter to grab onto since they don't have any books left to look to.

Chris

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-La View Post
    The more I watch it (I think I've seen it about 8 times now), the more I enjoy... But I also feel like there's plenty missing that should be in there, and it's a bit jumpy (more than GoF). But I still like it...

Maybe I'm over-thinking this, but I don't see how it will be beneficial to the movie series, and to a much lesser extent the book series, to have the last book come out before the last 2 movies. I would think with the last book out and everyone knowing what happens, it would detract from the last two movies... The audience that haven't read the books (like me) are still going to want to go even though we will know the outcome, but what about the Potter faithful???
    Did you read The Lord of the Rings before you saw the movies?

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Did you read The Lord of the Rings before you saw the movies?
    No. Why?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-La View Post
    No. Why?

Well, I was trying to make the parallel between Harry Potter and TLOR. I believe the Potter faithful will anticipate the last few films as much as TLOR fans did those movies. Besides, look how big of a movie Titanic was and everyone knew how that turned out.:icon_wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Well, I was trying to make the parallel between Harry Potter and TLOR. I believe the Potter faithful will anticipate the last few films as much as TLOR fans did those movies. Besides, look how big of a movie Titanic was and everyone knew how that turned out.:icon_wink:
    True...

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan View Post
    Yep. I'll be there to pick it up Friday night.

Chris
    What'd you think?

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

Good book. Finished it this afternoon! Had some parts right about the ending, but there were a few surprises! I liked the ending ok.

Quote Originally Posted by RXDAWG View Post
    Good book. Finished it this afternoon! Had some parts right about the ending, but there were a few surprises! I liked the ending ok.
    I bought the book Sunday and read a little when I get a chance. I have a question. What does your cover look like? The reason I ask is because I saw an article online that showed a bunch of the books, and the cover jacket looked different than mine. Now, these books were being sold in another country, so it may be that they have different cover jackets depending on the country. I was just curious as to what yours looked like.

I was just reading an article about Harry Potter. In the article it mentioned an Associate English Proffessor at Kansas State. Ready for this? He actually teaches a course on Harry Potter. There is actually, presumably for credit, a Harry Potter course at Kansas State. Give me a freakin' break. I mean, I love the series, but a college course on it?

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

Nice! That would be an easy A for me ! The cover we all have in the US is the Scholastic released book. Orangish-yellow book with red writing. A picture of Harry on the front and Voldemort to the side. There is a UK version and a deluxe edition also.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Well, I've been staying away from this thread and the internet for a few days. I got my copy Friday night and, surprisingly, was the second person out of the store with it! Not that I was camped out, but the line was getting long around 11:15 so I and the person I was there with got in the back, which was actually the front of the store. Then, they decided to turn the line around and we found ourselves at the front!!!

I finished it yesterday (Monday) and thought it was good. A LOT of people dying throughout the book on both sides. Some favorites and some others. I really didn't think they were all necessary to the story. It answers most questions from previous books and has a nice epilogue which COULD be turned into another series if she finds herself short on cash or just needing something to do.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan View Post
    Well, I've been staying away from this thread and the internet for a few days. I got my copy Friday night and, surprisingly, was the second person out of the store with it! Not that I was camped out, but the line was getting long around 11:15 so I and the person I was there with got in the back, which was actually the front of the store. Then, they decided to turn the line around and we found ourselves at the front!!!

I finished it yesterday (Monday) and thought it was good. A LOT of people dying throughout the book on both sides. Some favorites and some others. I really didn't think they were all necessary to the story. It answers most questions from previous books and has a nice epilogue which COULD be turned into another series if she finds herself short on cash or just needing something to do.

Chris
    Thanks, Chris. Now I don't have to worry about certain people dying.

+ Reply to Thread