+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Neutral Site game

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Neutral Site game

Would it be to our benefit to play a neutral site game in Dallas every year against Texas Tech, Baylor, or Oklahoma St.?

Would any of those teams play us? I like what Florida and Georgia do in Jacksonville and I thought if we could develop a rivalry with a Big 12 school, it would help us move past old rivalries that we dont need. It would also help a ton with recruiting.

I would also be in favor of playing a CUSA team in Shreveport every year, but I dont see any of them taking us up on the deal.

Could you imagine a Texas Tech - Louisiana Tech matchup in the Cowboys new stadium sponsored by Dell, Texas Instruments, AT&T, or some other software company?

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: Neutral Site game

We should get a series started with Southern Miss.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

I would love to know what this article says.

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=188&p=2...%2f655894.html

I think they want Texas Tech to play a&m in dallas every year.

I would love to play Texas Tech in Dallas every year. It would be less home games, but a neutral game would be a "home" game every other year. the point of more home games would be to win more obviously, but i would like our chances against most big 12 schools on a neutral field. if we won 2 out of 5, i think it would be looked at as a positive.

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    We should get a series started with Southern Miss.

I would love to play them every year too. I dont think they want to play us though. They would probably play us in Jackson every year, but would it be worth it to us? I would rather play Mississippi St if we were going to do that.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Pretty sure Texas Tech tries to make at least one visit to the Metroplex every year. They played at TCU last year and play at SMU this year. I could definately see OSU trying to do the same thing that TT does in appearing in that market at least one time per year. Baylor too.

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

OSU and Texas Tech have discussed a yearly game in Dallas. OU and Texas fans are calling it the minor league Red River Shootout

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Texas Tech shot the A&M game in Dallas thing down. It was their biggest home game and they didn't want to lose the money. They decided to go with the OSU instead. It was agreed to be played in the Cotton Bowl and Jerry Jones swooped in and offered more money and now it will be in Arlington.

I can't see any BCS school doing a deal like this with us at this time, although I would jump at the chance.

It would be cool if we could get Tulane/S. Miss/Memphis to do something like that with us. That would also probably be unlikely but we should try.
    Last edited by Bigdog13; 07-09-2007 at 09:45 PM.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post
    Would it be to our benefit to play a neutral site game in Dallas every year against Texas Tech, Baylor, or Oklahoma St.?

Would any of those teams play us? I like what Florida and Georgia do in Jacksonville and I thought if we could develop a rivalry with a Big 12 school, it would help us move past old rivalries that we dont need. It would also help a ton with recruiting.

I would also be in favor of playing a CUSA team in Shreveport every year, but I dont see any of them taking us up on the deal.

Could you imagine a Texas Tech - Louisiana Tech matchup in the Cowboys new stadium sponsored by Dell, Texas Instruments, AT&T, or some other software company?
    Jerry Jones is very actively marketing his new "Cowboys" stadium to Big 12 college football teams. Playing in that stadium will be a recruiting boost for ANY team, so I believe we should beg, borrow and steel to get a meeting with Baylor, TCU, T Tech (imagine a battle of "Techs"), T A&M or OSU. I believe Jones would go for it.

HD

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I'd love to play TCU on a regular basis.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

we have to be an attractive team for someone to play us year in and year out at a neutral site. We are not right now but maybe 2 to 3 years.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

I would love to see a north south game with Tulane maybe in Shreveport every year.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    I would love to see a north south game with Tulane maybe in Shreveport every year.
    Make the LSU/Tech a annual event in the SuperDome with our being the home team every other year. We give them 65% of the tickets to sell and we keep 35%. The game goes towards our home attendence every two years and we get 25,000 seats to sell annually for big money! I think if we had the right guy negoiating this thing with Berkman, it can happen.

DFiH

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous View Post
    Make the LSU/Tech a annual event in the SuperDome with our being the home team every other year. We give them 65% of the tickets to sell and we keep 35%. The game goes towards our home attendence every two years and we get 25,000 seats to sell annually for big money! I think if we had the right guy negoiating this thing with Berkman, it can happen.

DFiH

thats a great idea.

if they wont go for it, maybe they would at least go for playing us and tulane, and droppping ull/ulm off their schedule.

they could play tulane one year in b.r. and us in n.o, then switch the locations the following year. i would play them in a home and home series with our home game being in the dome.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post

Why would Tulane want to play us in Shreveport every year? Thats not neutral site.

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Tulane doesn't draw a crowd with home games much less Shreveport!! I'd consider North Texas and Tulsa, both should be players considering the new coaches they've hired.

+ Reply to Thread