+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Mr. Vitter.....ladies man and all-round gentleman of leisure

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Re: Mr. Vitter.....ladies man and all-round gentleman of leisure

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I didn't say we aren't responsible. I am just saying a man has to fight his nature in this regard if he wants to maintain a monogomous relationship.
    I agree with that. Please clarify, then, what you meant when you said, "It comes down to a man's genetic programming to want to spread his seed."

From either a Judeo-Christian or an evolutionary/secular-humanistic worldview I think we can agree that a major goal is to overcome the baser and more destructive aspects of our genetic material to work toward the higher potential of the human being. I am saying that for all the gains we have made in removing inequality and unfairness in the male-female relationship (voting rights, glass ceiling, all that business), we still have some strong trends buried deep within our cultural fabric that continue to perpetuate unequal treatment, though perhaps in more hidden, insidious ways.

I got here from prostitution like this: I believe that a significant problem in our culture is the notion that women are primarily sexual objects. Prostitution is an extreme example of this notion.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

What I meant is that men generally do not go to prostitutes to fuflill fantasies of subordinating women (as you suggested) - they go because of the desire for novel and different sex.

The fact that people have a more negative view of "whores" over "gigolos" is a different subject altogether. Prostitutes have not always been viewed so negatively as they are today. I think THAT has alot to do with Puritans and the teachings of Paul that have been emphasized in Protestant traditions.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

We should do a poll to see how many of us have paid money for sex. We could set it up so we vote in number of times, like never, once, 5 to 10 times, 10 to 20 times, 20 to 50 times, 50 to 100 times and more than 100 times.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    What I meant is that men generally do not go to prostitutes to fuflill fantasies of subordinating women (as you suggested) - they go because of the desire for novel and different sex.

The fact that people have a more negative view of "whores" over "gigolos" is a different subject altogether. Prostitutes have not always been viewed so negatively as they are today. I think THAT has alot to do with Puritans and the teachings of Paul that have been emphasized in Protestant traditions.
    I did not mean to imply that I think men only go to prostitutes for submission fantasies. My issue is with what I believe are the deeper philosophical implications of the institution itself, including what it represents within culture. The "whore vs. gigolo" issue was brought up as another example of those deeper issues in which prostitution is intertwined.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    I did not mean to imply that I think men only go to prostitutes for submission fantasies. My issue is with what I believe are the deeper philosophical implications of the institution itself, including what it represents within culture. The "whore vs. gigolo" issue was brought up as another example of those deeper issues in which prostitution is intertwined.
    I feel like I'm attending a Cub Scout meeting reading some of these posts.

My guess is that some men like to have sex with strange women because (1) they are horny and (2) the prostitutes are good at their job.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

+ Reply to Thread