+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Funds approved?

Big Dog Tech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really nice

Re: Funds approved?

They probably only want $25 million, but they will ask for $100 and anything they get over that amount is bonus.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Yeah, people. But don't look at this so negatively. In the scheme of things, it won't make a difference. I mean, how much more of an advantage can it give them in recruiting anyway? Plus, they will still have the same old crappy fans. They've always, for the most part, done the least with the most, and I don't see that changing except that they'll be getting even more. The only benefit I can see is that it might help them in non-revenue producing sports to be able to hire top coaches, but that won't affect us because we can't really say that we're competitive in that area anyway. The one big positive about this is that they can no longer claim to be independent of state money. They'll be no different in that capacity than the rest of the state schools.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech XXIX View Post
    They probably only want $25 million, but they will ask for $100 and anything they get over that amount is bonus.
    They can only ask for an additional $30 million or so. 2005-2006 total spending at the BR campus just barely hit the $1 billion mark. Even if that is $1.2 billion, 3% is still only $36 million.

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    They can only ask for an additional $30 million or so. 2005-2006 total spending at the BR campus just barely hit the $1 billion mark. Even if that is $1.2 billion, 3% is still only $36 million.
    I think it would be good for our school if we would get OUR house in order.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdawg View Post
    I think it would be good for our school if we would get OUR house in order.
    I agree as long as what LSU asks for and gets doesn't take one penny away from what Tech gets. Tech's biggest problem isn't LSU right now, it's still internal.

+ Reply to Thread