Got some really good news today. I found out that I have been selected as a recruiter/school manager for our Professional Recruiting Team. Basically, I get to go to schools to recruit engineers and scientists for the Navy and the weapons lab at Dahlgren, VA. We do all sorts of cool things such as anti-IED research, railgun R & D, ballistic missile targeting and defense, nanotechnology, chemical/biological agent detection/protection, etc. The iffy part is that Tech is not on the list that we recruit from right now. On my application, I did mention that I wanted to get Tech on the list if possible. They have recruited at Tech before, so I hope they will add Tech back on. Anyway, we will find out our school assignments and workloads in about a month. I was told to ask about adding Tech at that time. I am very excited about this and really am going to do my best to get Tech on the list of recruited schools.

Not sure what, if anything, anyone can do down there to help in this endeavour, but I will entertain any suggestions yall have.

If this works out, maybe I can stay over for a football game and meet some of you.