• IBM/Lenovo

6 4.84%
  • Other

14 11.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Computers of the Bulldog Faithful

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Computers of the Bulldog Faithful

Curiosity mixed with an interesting event brings up this question. What kind of computers are used by the Bulldog faithful? I'll start. I own a Toshiba laptop and a desktop that I had built for me.

I couldn't figure out how to make it so you could vote for an option multiple times, so if you have multiple of the same computer, please let me know.
    Last edited by Abominable Gorilla; 07-16-2007 at 09:28 PM. Reason: More information.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: Computers of the Bulldog Faithful

Dell Desktop. Dimension series, Pentium 4, 80 GB HD, 2 GB RAM.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

I've got a MacBook and HP laptop that I carry with me everywhere. Two HP desktops at home. In front of me right now, I have 3 HP laptops, a Gateway laptop, and a dell desktop.

I used to have a Panasonic Toughbook, that was awesome. Not really a powerful machine, but almost unbreakable, at least until you give it to a roughneck.

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

At work I use a MacBook Pro, but at home I have two eMachines. How about that combination!

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

A Gateway desktop at the house that I never use. And an Acer Aspire 9500 laptop at the office/home. (I take my work computer home because I like it better)

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

At work, of course, I use Dell Optiplexes. At home I have a Dell Dimension, likely the last Dell I will own. I really liked their almost eternal support, but they now charge you even for a phone call once your extended service plan expires.

If you know what you are doing you can build a machine for half what Dell charges. If you don't know what you are doing and don't mind paying for the extended service, Dells are virtually worry free as long as the service plan is in effect.

I also have an old E-Machines with a P3 for my emergency backup computer.

So, my personal computer is a Dell Dimension 4700, P4 3.2 Ghz, 1 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, dual-booting Win XP and Linux.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Dell XPS 400 desktop and a Gateway laptop...

Am looking to upgrade and/or completely replace both by the end of the year...

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

In our house, my wife and I have a PowerMac, a iMac, a Powerbook, and a Mac Mini...

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

All kinds of zany stuff. I visit this here website on an old Gateway that I turned into a Fedora Linux box.

I also have a laptop and a substantially robust gaming rig for my nerd fix.

I do a lot of the web surfing on my Wii as well. X-Box 360, Apple TV, and 50" 1080p plasma television on the horizon.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Yes! the loan IBM user.

JFord

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I have Lenovo (formerly IBM).

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    I do a lot of the web surfing on my Wii as well. X-Box 360, Apple TV, and 50" 1080p plasma television on the horizon.
    How do you like the Apple TV? I played with one a an Apple Store, but wasn't incredibly impressed with the resolution. Maybe it wasn't set up right, or something. The picture was kind of fuzzy. What connection are you using? I'd be hooking up with HDMI.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

I like it! It was really an impulse buy, but it really has its uses. I think I'll get a lot more out of it once I upgrade to the 1080p HDTV. Really looking forward to watching my movies and TV shows from my computer on there.

If you have a lot of stuff on your iTunes, it's really worth it.

Varsity Bulldog beefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nice beefcakes's Avatar

I just ordered a new dell inspiron notebook, and I'm expecting to receive it in the 1st week of August. Dell and my employer offer a program where we can purchase computers with a minimum discount of 10%. Free shipping, free upgrade to 160GB hard drive, and free upgrade to 2GB of 667MHz RAM. My employer will also let me pay for it through 26 payroll deductions, INTEREST FREE. I am getting the dual core AMD Turion prcessor.

What are your opinions of the AMD processors? This will be my 1st.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beefcakes View Post
    I just ordered a new dell inspiron notebook, and I'm expecting to receive it in the 1st week of August. Dell and my employer offer a program where we can purchase computers with a minimum discount of 10%. Free shipping, free upgrade to 160GB hard drive, and free upgrade to 2GB of 667MHz RAM. My employer will also let me pay for it through 26 payroll deductions, INTEREST FREE. I am getting the dual core AMD Turion prcessor.

What are your opinions of the AMD processors? This will be my 1st.
    Intel Celery ~ NLULM (pure shit)
    Pentium ~ Centenary (not bad, just not the best)
    AMD ~ Louisiana TECH (You can't get any better)

My first computer I built had a Pentium processor, and my Dell has it as well. They aren't bad. EVERY other computer that i've built and upgraded has AMD. At the time that I purchased my Dell they didn't sell AMD.

I use to have speed tests somewhere, but you can see that AMD is the best hands down. For a Pentium processor to achieve the same speed and performance of an AMD processor, you have to increase the mHz by about 30-40%. (The Pentium 3.0Ghz and the AMD 2.2Ghz run about the same)

Also, that's a fantasic deal through your company. Who do you work for??

+ Reply to Thread