+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: NCAA 08

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Re: NCAA 08

Tech is absolutely horrible on the PS3. I've been playing online with them and getting crushed. On my old PS2, I have played head to head with friends (not online) who were playing with Top 5 teams and I've beaten them badly with Tech. Apparently, the online play is a bit tougher... I decided to switch over and use Boise State (ranked #23 on NCAA 08) just to see if it was me or if I was getting killed because of the poor ranking given Tech. Well, I beat one of the top-rated online players who was using Michigan -- 50-23. That's the first time I've used a team other than Tech since I started playing on the old PS1...

I showered immediately afterward, btw.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

You know what royally sucks? I find it fun to get all the 5 star recruits and when I look at who's interested, I have like 15 five star players but 8 or 9 of them are guards or tackles. Makes me mad because there are so many great o-linemen you can't help but to sign a couple a year, which means you have like 20 o-linemen on your team. haha

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    You know what royally sucks? I find it fun to get all the 5 star recruits and when I look at who's interested, I have like 15 five star players but 8 or 9 of them are guards or tackles. Makes me mad because there are so many great o-linemen you can't help but to sign a couple a year, which means you have like 20 o-linemen on your team. haha
    Yep. My o-line's were always 4 deep at each spot in NCAA. And, because I was an 80 percent run guy with a two RB system, I was guaranteed to lose any junior or rs soph starters to the draft....every year. There ARE a lot of them in the game, but I needed them every year!

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

The main thing that I do not like about 08 is that Tech's stadium is not even close to the Joe. It looks like it seats about 80,000. I also was invited to replace Kansas after season 2 and a NC. I actually declined for some reason. I'll wait for another offer such as the SEC so that I can spank them every year.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BulldawgBB View Post
    The main thing that I do not like about 08 is that Tech's stadium is not even close to the Joe. It looks like it seats about 80,000. I also was invited to replace Kansas after season 2 and a NC. I actually declined for some reason. I'll wait for another offer such as the SEC so that I can spank them every year.
    My team replaced Baylor in the BigXII South. I share your disappointment with 08. I don't know what it's like on PS2, but on my 360 you can't play with IAA teams. You can't edit a players year in school (always helpful when trying to include a recent recruiting class). IMO, the recruiting is FAR too involved. On my current dynasty, I haven't recruited at all...just simmed everything.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    My team replaced Baylor in the BigXII South. I share your disappointment with 08. I don't know what it's like on PS2, but on my 360 you can't play with IAA teams. You can't edit a players year in school (always helpful when trying to include a recent recruiting class). IMO, the recruiting is FAR too involved. On my current dynasty, I haven't recruited at all...just simmed everything.
    I actually like the recruiting. I keep waiting for my team to be good enough to sim all the games and just do the recruiting. I have over a dozen 5 star recruits and over twenty 4 star recruits in in my freshman and sophomore classes. I am hoping that after this season, I can put the games in autopilot without worrying about losing. The flag pattern from the slot is virtually unstoppable in the spread formation. I put the running back on a fly pattern just in case the computer runs a side-line zone with safety help over the top.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

The recruiting has grown on me but is still time consuming. I'd rather play than recruit all day.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Sorry take a turn on this thread . . . bought the PS2 version of 2K8 Hoops . . . they got Tech's old uniforms, but the NEW Karl Malone Court is included.

Not a gamer, but a bought a copy for the grandson since I spent four hours shooting the OLD floor for them from all their required angles back in February.

Kinda blew me away the Malone floor was there (since it was just completed Oct. 15).
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Sorry take a turn on this thread . . . bought the PS2 version of 2K8 Hoops . . . they got Tech's old uniforms, but the NEW Karl Malone Court is included.

Not a gamer, but a bought a copy for the grandson since I spent four hours shooting the OLD floor for them from all their required angles back in February.

Kinda blew me away the Malone floor was there (since it was just completed Oct. 15).
    I saw that too and was also impressed.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BulldawgBB View Post
    The recruiting has grown on me but is still time consuming. I'd rather play than recruit all day.
    On the PS2, I play against all the top 10 teams I play and sim the rest just so I can get to recruiting!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post

That is impressive.

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup View Post
    Good screenshot. That does look good.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

I much, much, MUCH prefer the older way of recruiting, from the PS2 version. The new way is just ridiculously involved. Don't fix it if it ain't broke!

I have both versions. I put the 360 version in when I have guests over that want to play a pick up game, but I stick to the PS2 for my Franchise fix (not to mention its accurate JAS model).

Dump this stupid stuff, EA!

What is the 360 recruiting like?

+ Reply to Thread