+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA 08

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: NCAA 08

Porter, Antonio Baker, Ross Jenkins, Gilbert, Miles, Taylor, McGil, Harmon, Grigsby, Hitt, Cavitt, Barron...all missing. Of course, Ramone Randall isn't on the team.

Freshman who made the cut:

Kiamni Washington
    Dusty Rust
    Broha
    Livas
    Calais
    Faust
    Anderson
    Dalton
    Carter
    Victorian

I think that's it. What sucks is, there is only one open roster spot, so you can't create those guys and I can't figure out how to delete Matt Mason and some other mystery corner to make room for some of the ones who're missing.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup View Post
    and Daniel Porter
    I skimmed over the runningbacks and didn't catch that. I saw 26 and thought it was 28. Compton got a good rating then. Nice to see Livas made the game. Calais is on there as a FS (different number) along with 3 freshman recievers.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AG_jr View Post
    I was under the impression 08 was only coming out for PS3 and xBox 360
    No it is out for PS2 and Xbox as well. PS3 isn't even considered a "next generation" system this year. 360 is the only console with added details.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Porter, Antonio Baker, Ross Jenkins, Gilbert, Miles, Taylor, McGil, Harmon, Grigsby, Hitt, Cavitt, Barron...all missing. Of course, Ramone Randall isn't on the team.

Freshman who made the cut:

Kiamni Washington
    Dusty Rust
    Broha
    Livas
    Calais
    Faust
    Anderson
    Dalton
    Carter
    Victorian

I think that's it. What sucks is, there is only one open roster spot, so you can't create those guys and I can't figure out how to delete Matt Mason and some other mystery corner to make room for some of the ones who're missing.
    Didn't see you arlready posted. My old faithful in the past has just been change the current players. It is hard to do that when you can't change the yea of them but for Baker just get some Soph not on the team and turn them into him.

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    You didn't know I already had a 360? I also have Gears of War and Guitar Hero II on my wishlist.
    Really? When did that happen?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Shortly after Christmas.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Didn't see you arlready posted. My old faithful in the past has just been change the current players. It is hard to do that when you can't change the yea of them but for Baker just get some Soph not on the team and turn them into him.
    You can change the year now (at least for ps2). That's what I did to create those guys. It's kind of weird creating a guy you sit next to in class

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    You didn't know I already had a 360? I also have Gears of War and Guitar Hero II on my wishlist.
    Don't buy Guitar Hero unless you want to be threatened with divorce. My wife has threatened to throw the whole ps2 out the back door with that game inside. Needless to say, I luv it! Guitar Hero: Rocks the '80's comes out next Tuesday. Between that, the new Harry Potter book, and NCAA 08 I'm going to be broke.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Color me unimpressed (PS2 version). This is the smallest leap in terms of added features and technology yet.

And it's complete BS that it's been TWO YEARS and they still haven't packed full gameplay features and stadiums into the 260 version.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Whats missing on the 360?
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Do you have one? If so, when did you get it?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

IMO, the 360 version of 07 was worse than the PS2 version. I'm still getting used to this version, but there are a few things I'd like to be able to do that I can't (delete roster players that aren't actually on the roster among other things). As for the 360 version, have good vision unless you've got a decent size TV to play it on. On Grandmother's 19 inch Panasonic, alot of stuff is hard to read.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Louisiana Tech 42, Hawaii 32 -- Week 2 of the 2007 Season, Heisman Mode

Patrick Jackson - 189 yards, Myke Compton - 163 yards

I like SMASH MOUTH football.

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    Louisiana Tech 42, Hawaii 32 -- Week 2 of the 2007 Season, Heisman Mode

Patrick Jackson - 189 yards, Myke Compton - 163 yards

I like SMASH MOUTH football.
    Tech 55 Hawaii 19

Jackson - 314 yds, 4TDs

Champion/Danna - 8-26 106 yds, 1TD, 3 INT

Also had a punt return for a TD (Weldon Brown) and a 77 yd INT TD (Moss)

Colt Brennan had 358 yds 3 TD, 3 INT

I lost to #13 Cal 28-24, they threw a TD pass with a minute left. I have absolutely ZERO passing game, game ended when Mosley was sacked on 4th and 8 with 20 seconds left.

So far this season I'm 3-1 (2-0), 112 in the nation in passing, 6th in rushing (Jackson's 2nd). The 3 QBs are combined 35% completion, mostly because of dropped passes:bigcry:

+ Reply to Thread