+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Julio Franco back with the Braves

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Julio Franco back with the Braves

I know some on this board are Braves fans and even if you're not, it is awesome that Julio Franco is back in a Braves uni and got a hit tonight. He turns 49 next month and is still a solid bench player. A few things he is older than: The Super Bowl, The state of Hawaii, half the MLB Teams, 21 mlb stadiums, 9 mlb managers, the DH and Astroturf, free agency, and color TV. Plus, 10 current Braves were not even born when Julio made his MLB debut.

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Re: Julio Franco back with the Braves

And if they DONT like it(or have a negative spin like im sure our distinguisted poster from Minden will have), too bad!! WAHAOO! All is now right with the Braves

Im smelling a championship! My man Andrew needs to heat up. If I would have been his hitting coach all along, he could have been Hank Aaron. Sigh.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Wow, I didn't know about Franco. Only watched a few minutes of last nights game and didn't hear about him.
    Go Tech!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup View Post
    I know some on this board are Braves fans and even if you're not, it is awesome that Julio Franco is back in a Braves uni and got a hit tonight. He turns 49 next month and is still a solid bench player. A few things he is older than: The Super Bowl, The state of Hawaii, half the MLB Teams, 21 mlb stadiums, 9 mlb managers, the DH and Astroturf, free agency, and color TV. Plus, 10 current Braves were not even born when Julio made his MLB debut.
    You left out Dirt.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Does he still use the funny batting stance?
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Does he still use the funny batting stance?
    Yes, and the heaviest bat in the league

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

He also grips the bat with only his index finger on his bottom hand. I have seen him up close in person and you should see his forearms. ....Popeye comes to mind.

Puppy JohnDoe is an unknown JohnDoe's Avatar

I saw a game on last night and he was starting at 1B. What oz. bat does he use? If it's the heaviest one in the league he must have some rediculous bat speed with that crazy stance.
    "We'll lead, you follow, everyone else...get the hell out of the way" ~ Kerry Rupp

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
    I saw a game on last night and he was starting at 1B. What oz. bat does he use? If it's the heaviest one in the league he must have some rediculous bat speed with that crazy stance.
    I heard it was 36 inch, 36 ounce

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

I remember reading about someone accusing Franco of using steroids a few years ago, so I looked it up. From 2004 (http://www.teamjam.org/TEAM%20JAM_Baseball_Homepage.htm)

Franco defends himself: One day after pointing his finger at former Pirate teammate Barry Bonds, Andy Van Slyke said he believed Braves first baseman Julio Franco was using steroids.
    "Julio Franco is 46 years old. I've got to believe he's on it," Van Slyke told host Rick Barry on San Francisco radio station KNBR on Wednesday night.
    Franco, a devout Christian who actually won't turn 46 years old until August, seemed to be amused by Van Slyke's accusation.
    "Andy Van Slyke is right," Franco said. "I'm on the best juice there is. I'm juiced up every day, and the name of my juice is Jesus. I'm on His power, His wisdom, His understanding. ... Next time you talk to him, tell him the steroid I'm on is Jesus of Nazareth."

The only thing I miss about my 8 years in Atlanta is the Braves.

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup View Post
    I heard it was 36 inch, 36 ounce
    That's what she said.

....sorry I am missing "The Office"

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by roughedge View Post

The only thing I miss about my 8 years in Atlanta is the Braves.

What about the dog fights?

+ Reply to Thread