Quote Originally Posted by ManzanoWolf View Post
Thought some of you guys might be interested in a thread on the CUSA Board; the following is from the poster that started that thread:

An idea for a 16 team, two divisons C-USA was puposed by ECU A.D. Terry Holland on a local radio station in Greenville today . . . . Well only reason I said MTSU and Troy is because those are the programs Terry Holland mentioned.

http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=242001
I say this with all respect that the linked post deserves.....

HAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAA

THAT IS THE FUNNIEST THING i HAVE READ IN WEEKS!!!!!!

C-USA GETTING 8 BOWL BIDS!!!!

C-USA GETTING AN AUTOMATIC BCS BID!!!

Boise and Fresno leaving the WAC to join an eastern conference!!!

stop it....stop it.... I am lauginh so hard i am hurting

from my BCS perspective the non-BCS conferences have this order of significance:

MWC (they have their own TV deal)
WAC (Fresno and Boise have really raised the WAC profile lately)
MAC (lots of future NFL talent plays in empty stands)
C-USA (lost their best teams to the Big East, gained some of the worst from the WAC)
Sunbelt (more ignorant BCS football fans think this is a 1AA conference)

for C-USA to jump up to BCS status by taking some sunbelt and 1AA teams is a thought so ridiculous that is deserves to be mocked.

and just because ECU is unhappy doesn't mean much. it took FSU 8 years to get Miami into the ACC. i think Marshall made a mistake leaving the MAC. there may not be an opening for them to return. besides, 14 or 16 team conferences are too large. not enough $$$ to go around to everyone. it kills rivalries. that is why the MWC split off from the WAC. if i were to make a bet i would say that the next round of conference alignment will come from the Big East imploding due to its size. look for the Big east to try to get G'Town and Nova to jump to 1A. then the 10 football schools will dump the other 6. you may see them add 2 more schools to have a championship game. I have no clue who they would add though...

the other possibility is for either UAB or Tulane to have to drop football due to financial issues.