+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Indy Bowl

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: Indy Bowl

For what it's worth, I have nothing to back this up. It is pure speculation, but I suspect that if given the chance to have some sort of arrangement worked out with the I-Bowl, Dooley won't hesitate to agree.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    For what it's worth, I have nothing to back this up. It is pure speculation, but I suspect that if given the chance to have some sort of arrangement worked out with the I-Bowl, Dooley won't hesitate to agree.

I'm sure he would DD. And a tie-in to the Indy bowl would seem to be a natural for Tech and a win-win for the city and the school. What I am saying is that they have let it be known in private circles that they are not interested in Tech. The chairman of the committee going so far as to say that it would be over his dead body. And this was before Missy Setters who is also pretty biased. This town has such an inferiority complex and dreams of being a BR suburb that instead of having at least one open end and bringing in an exciting, winning team, they think they have to wait for the miserable droppings from the SEC and the Big XII as if the pitiful teams that we do get wouldn't be available if we wern't tied to a contract. We even had a Tech grad Mayor who obviously had no influence over these idiots. As we used to say when I was in high school, they walk around with their noses so high in the air that they would drown if it rained. Course, that wouldn't be a bad thing .
    Last edited by oledawg66; 07-22-2007 at 03:49 PM.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Johnny is right. You can't cut off your nose to spite your face.

I totally agree they haven't treated us right. I can't stand them, but if they can advance our cause with CUSA we need to do it. Now if we are choosing between Indy and another bowl , I'd play in the Alaska bowl. But if it is Indy or staying home. I'm bowling.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66 View Post
    I'm sure he would DD. And a tie-in to the Indy bowl would seem to be a natural for Tech and a win-win for the city and the school. What I am saying is that they have let it be known in private circles that they are not interested in Tech. The chairman of the committee going so far as to say that it would be over his dead body. And this was before Missy Setters who is also pretty biased. This town has such an inferiority complex and dreams of being a BR suburb that instead of having at least one open end and bringing in an exciting, winning team, they think they have to wait for the miserable droppings from the SEC and the Big XII as if the pitiful teams that we do get wouldn't be available if we wern't tied to a contract. We even had a Tech grad Mayor who obviously had no influence over these idiots. As we used to say when I was in high school, they walk around with their noses so high in the air that they would drown if it rained. Course, that wouldn't be a bad thing .
    Oh, I don't disagree with you, and if you go back and read my opinion on the I-bowl posted in past threads on this subject, you'll see I'm very much in agreement of telling them to go stuff it. I just want everyone to be prepared of what will happen if we get an invite.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Fact is, this is a fantasy thread. Louisiana Tech hasn't won enough games in the the last 5 years to even be thinking about an Indy Bowl bid.

I'll say it again; Louisiana Tech needs a sustained record of winning seasons before we can hope to negotiate something unique with the Indy Bowl. At this point, they'd just laugh at us. We need to forget that stuff and just start WINNING!

HD

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Fact is, this is a fantasy thread. Louisiana Tech hasn't won enough games in the the last 5 years to even be thinking about an Indy Bowl bid.

I'll say it again; Louisiana Tech needs a sustained record of winning seasons before we can hope to negotiate something unique with the Indy Bowl. At this point, they'd just laugh at us. We need to forget that stuff and just start WINNING!

HD
    Amen,HD, winning will cure a lot of problems.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

HD
    That is quite funny considering the records of the teams that did go to the sorry I-Bowl (which cant keep a sponsor)...
    Alabama 6-6, Ok State 6-6, Missouri 6-5, South Carolina 7-4, Iowa St 6-5, Miami OH 8-4

No, the I-Bowl wants the bottom of the barrel from SEC and Big-12 for their lousy confused name bowl.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66 View Post
    Already happened. And who did they bring in? Miami of Ohio or somebody?
    And they were begging us to win ONE more game - and we couldn't....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    And they were begging us to win ONE more game - and we couldn't....
    It will always be "one more game". Screw the Indy until they wise up and do what is right for the area, for them, and for us.

Varsity Bulldog persnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    That is quite funny considering the records of the teams that did go to the sorry I-Bowl (which cant keep a sponsor)...
    Alabama 6-6, Ok State 6-6, Missouri 6-5, South Carolina 7-4, Iowa St 6-5, Miami OH 8-4

No, the I-Bowl wants the bottom of the barrel from SEC and Big-12 for their lousy confused name bowl.

There is one thing those teams have that Tech hasn't had in a while. A loss column that does not outnumber the win column. Sorry, but that can't be blamed on the Indy bowl. As far as johnnylightning's fantasy (which is all it is) the WAC will NEVER be affiliated with the Indy Bowl. Furthermore, it would not even make sense for the conference to have a tie in with the Indy Bowl. What happens if Tech doesn't qualify for the bowl?? How does a Nevada or San Jose draw better than any SEC or Big 12 team?? It doesn't. The WAC has made strides but only baby steps when it comes to influence bowls to change their alliances.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by persnickety View Post
    There is one thing those teams have that Tech hasn't had in a while. A loss column that does not outnumber the win column. Sorry, but that can't be blamed on the Indy bowl. As far as johnnylightning's fantasy (which is all it is) the WAC will NEVER be affiliated with the Indy Bowl. Furthermore, it would not even make sense for the conference to have a tie in with the Indy Bowl. What happens if Tech doesn't qualify for the bowl?? How does a Nevada or San Jose draw better than any SEC or Big 12 team?? It doesn't. The WAC has made strides but only baby steps when it comes to influence bowls to change their alliances.
    It would be used to help us get into CUSA in which there would be schools that could bring fans to the games. I would personally rather see a 9-2 S. Miss/Tech/Memphis/Houston team play than a 6-6 Iowa State team play.

Varsity Bulldog persnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    It would be used to help us get into CUSA in which there would be schools that could bring fans to the games. I would personally rather see a 9-2 S. Miss/Tech/Memphis/Houston team play than a 6-6 Iowa State team play.

well, the easier route for the Indy bowl would be just to let the current contract expire and broker a deal with CUSA. Tech needs the Indy bowl, it doesnt need Tech.

With all of that being said, the Indy bowl has the perfect match for a lower tier bowl-- a representative from 2 of the top 3 most powerful conferences.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

I think that a MWC v. CUSA would be a great matchup for the Indy Bowl. They could probably get 2 or 3 spot in both those conferences.

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    I think that a MWC v. CUSA would be a great matchup for the Indy Bowl. They could probably get 2 or 3 spot in both those conferences.

Still, would that matuch up be better than the one they have now??? Remember, that not only are the SEC and Big 12 mega conferenceces but they are also regional. With your matchup, there's a chance that two teams that aren't anywhere close to shreveport could make the game. Who in shreveport would want to see Wyoming vs Marshall (no matter how good they are) over Alabama and Nebraska no matter how bad they are???? Be honest in your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by persnickety View Post
    Still, would that matuch up be better than the one they have now??? Remember, that not only are the SEC and Big 12 mega conferenceces but they are also regional. With your matchup, there's a chance that two teams that aren't anywhere close to shreveport could make the game. Who in shreveport would want to see Wyoming vs Marshall (no matter how good they are) over Alabama and Nebraska no matter how bad they are???? Be honest in your answer.
    So a 6-6 Alabama team that qualifies barely (and complains about winding up in Shreveport, and believe me ALL the SEC teams complain about being in Shreveport) would bring more fans than an 8-2 BYU team and its powerhouse offense? Still you are probably right the "so-called" college football fans in Shreveport would still go gaga over a barely qualifying Alabama than a top-tier TCU or Southern Miss.

+ Reply to Thread