+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Indy Bowl

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Re: Indy Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    So a 6-6 Alabama team that qualifies barely (and complains about winding up in Shreveport, and believe me ALL the SEC teams complain about being in Shreveport) would bring more fans than an 8-2 BYU team and its powerhouse offense? Still you are probably right the "so-called" college football fans in Shreveport would still go gaga over a barely qualifying Alabama than a top-tier TCU or Southern Miss.

And therein lies the problem. Shreveport is so brain washed and has such a low esteem as a community that if you say Alabama or Notre Dame, it wouldn't matter if they were 2-10. As a football fan I would much rather see a 10-2 TCU or USM or Miami of Ohio than a 6-6 Alabama or LSU or Nebraska. But I am in the vast minority. And if I cared anything about the Indy Bowl I would have gone to see Miami OH but I'll be damned if I will spend one dollar of my money at the Indy Bowl or at lsubr no matter who is playing.

Varsity Bulldog persnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: Indy Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66 View Post
    And therein lies the problem. Shreveport is so brain washed and has such a low esteem as a community that if you say Alabama or Notre Dame, it wouldn't matter if they were 2-10.
    As a football fan I would much rather see a 10-2 TCU or USM or Miami of Ohio than a 6-6 Alabama or LSU or Nebraska
    . But I am in the vast minority. And if I cared anything about the Indy Bowl I would have gone to see Miami OH but I'll be damned if I will spend one dollar of my money at the Indy Bowl or at lsubr no matter who is playing.
    And guess what? You can see them because ESPN shows all of the lower tier bowls. You forget that the bowl matchups are more about the bowls making money than who is most deserving. There are a few teams in both the SEC and Big 12 that would almost guarantee sellouts of the Indy Bowl. Not the case with MWC, WAC, or CUSA.

+ Reply to Thread