+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Now Pronouce You Chuck and Larry

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I Now Pronouce You Chuck and Larry

I went to see this movie last night. It was so funny! The place was packed and people were dying laughing. If you want a good laugh I would highly recommend it.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Re: I Now Pronouce You Chuck and Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I went to see this movie last night. It was so funny! The place was packed and people were dying laughing. If you want a good laugh I would highly recommend it.
    thought it might be pretty good with two of the funniest men in entertainment paired together.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

What's it about? I've never heard of it.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Thanks. Doesn't sound like my kind of movie.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

DD -

Happy Gilmore and the King of Queens are married to each other to get better benefits. Hilarity, apparantly, ensues.

The critics HATE IT. I mean, hate it like I hate ULM hate it. I've never seen a movie get this kind of overwhelmingly negative reviews.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/i_no...uck_and_larry/

14%!!

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

I hated it too. It was the most agenda driven movie I have ever seen. Hollywood loves to frame the discussion as either your a bigot or you celebrate homosexuality. It was the most distasteful movie I think I've ever seen, I thought the gayness was funny at first but then it just became too much. Had I not rode with friends I would have got up and left.

I would imagine that most critics hated it because all the homosexuals were very stereotypical flamboient (sp?) types.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    DD -

Happy Gilmore and the King of Queens are married to each other to get better benefits. Hilarity, apparantly, ensues.

The critics HATE IT. I mean, hate it like I hate ULM hate it. I've never seen a movie get this kind of overwhelmingly negative reviews.

14%!!
    Not to turn this political, but I'm actually not against civil unions in which two people, straight or queer, join for the sake of better benefits. This just doesn't seem to be a movie I'm interested in. Quite frankly, even though I really like Sandler and James, I think my 4 year old is a better actor than Sandler and I'm really tired of James' stupid, white male roles.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    DD -

14%!!
    That's usually the ones I like. They loved Knocked up and it sucked. It was sooo NOT funny. All I know is the place was packed and everyone was laughing. I haven't talked to anyone that didn't think it was hilarious. Even ole Markay laughed her head off.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Oh, I understand you there. I'm still going to check this out.

It's weird like that. I usually agree with the critics on dramatic stuff, but not comedies.

I don't think Adam Sandler has ever had a universally positively reviewed comedy, and I'm pretty sure I've loved all of them.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

That's usually the ones I like. They loved Knocked up and it sucked. It was sooo NOT funny. All I know is the place was packed and everyone was laughing. I haven't talked to anyone that didn't think it was hilarious. Even ole Markay laughed her head off.
    What's your opinion on the obvious, forceful promotion of the homosexual lifestyle?

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    What's your opinion on the obvious, forceful promotion of the homosexual lifestyle?
    They used every stereo typical thing that you have ever heard of as a joke. I did not find it as a promotion of the lifestyle at all. It was never about the lifestyle- it was a way to get a pension. Both men were absolutely heterosexual. They even made the gay people extreme.

So far the box office has told the story rather than the critics. I heard tonight that it was giving Harry Potter a run for the money.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    I didn't like that part, but the movie was funny. It was so blatantly obvious (and I'm immune to that) so it really didn't bother my enjoyment of the movie. I HATE the homosexual lifestyle, but I could appreciate the idea of a guy doing it for the purpose of allowing his kids to be covered. If you think too deep, you'd hate the intention and idea of the movie and realize that it isn't realistic, so I just laughed. Who's going to keep a dad from naming his minor children as beneficiaries - especially one in a dangerous profession?

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

They used every stereo typical thing that you have ever heard of as a joke. I did not find it as a promotion of the lifestyle at all. It was never about the lifestyle- it was a way to get a pension. Both men were absolutely heterosexual. They even made the gay people extreme.

So far the box office has told the story rather than the critics. I heard tonight that it was giving Harry Potter a run for the money.
    It beat out Potter over the weekend.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

I liked the movie and didn't think it was a "forceful promotion of the homosexual lifestyle." It wasn't a great movie, but still good...

+ Reply to Thread