+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reasons to love Louisiana

Big Dog Dawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to behold Dawgbert's Avatar

Reasons to love Louisiana

LA Misery Index(List below)

"C.B.’s Misery Index on his Web site is cynical to the point of being toxic." Marsanne Golsby, Former Governor Mike Foster's Press Secretary.

LA 2nd in Black Homicides
    LA 1st in people moving out
    LA roads WORST in the nation.
    LA 50TH in health
    LA 49th in Savings
    LA 49TH in Longevity
    LA LAST in Higher Education
    LA 50TH for Business
    LA 50TH in per capita income
    LA 50TH in livability.
    LA 50TH in competitiveness
    LA 4th Highest Rate of Adult Obesity
    LA 49TH in child well-being
    LA 1ST in wasting Medicare dollars
    LA 2ND in rate of men killing women
    LA 48TH in places to die
    LA 49TH in women's health
    LA 2ND in rate of healthcare uninsureds
    LA is the 2ND most dangerous state in which to live
    LA 3RD in the rate of corruption
    LA 1ST in gonorrhea rate
    LA 49TH in social health
    LA 1ST in high school dropout rate
    LA public schools are 4TH worst
    LA 2ND cost of Homeowner's Insurance
    LA 1ST in Southeast in population exodus
    LA 1ST in rate of incarceration
    LA 1ST in number of child living in poverty
    LA 1ST in net population loss
    LA 48TH in educational attainment of the population 25 years and over
    LA 1ST in number of women living in poverty
    LA LAST in bond ratings
    LA LAST in healthcare for seniors
    LA 1ST in abandoning public schools
    LA 2ND in DWI fatalities
    LA 46TH in Integrity
    LA is the 49TH "smartest state"

LA WORST for healthcare for the elderly and disabled

LA LAST in wealth of our citizens

LA's economy 49th out of 50

LA is ONLY southern state to lose population

LA LAST in cash for research

LA 1ST in teen use of steroids

LA 1ST in the percentage of income used to pay rent

LA 2ND in rate of poverty

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Re: Reasons to love Louisiana

wow

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbert View Post
    LA Misery Index(List below)

"C.B.’s Misery Index on his Web site is cynical to the point of being toxic." Marsanne Golsby, Former Governor Mike Foster's Press Secretary.

LA 4th Highest Rate of Adult Obesity
    LA 48TH in places to die
    LA 3RD in the rate of corruption
    LA public schools are 4TH worst
    LA 48TH in educational attainment of the population 25 years and over
    LA 46TH in Integrity
    i want a recall. we should be 1st, 2nd, 49th, and 50th in everything!

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

"Places to die"?! What does THAT mean.

I'd be lying if I said that these statistics didn't play in role in my decision to move away.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I moved away (improving the obesity figures for y'all) and I can't wait to get back!
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

How recent are these numbers?

On a side note. I have to chuckle everytime I see Marsanne Golsby's name. The reason-when she was working as Foster's spokesperson, they had some environmentalists marching on the state capital. They had cooked a fish they had caught in some waterway down here that they claimed to be polluted and claimed the fish as having toxic levels of some chemcal or other. When Marsanne was making her spokesman appearance to the people they challenged her to eat the fish. SHE DID. The funny part was the environmentalists, though. Their reactions. They were all panicked and stuff. When she took the fish and it was obvious she was going to eat it, they were like, "OMG, NO Don't eat that." "It'll kill you." "You're going to be sick." Anyway, I guess it's one of those things you just have to see to fully appreciate it. It makes me laugh to think about it.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

I have no substantial desire to live anywhere else.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

I lived in Iowa for a while, If our roads are worse here it's because we have roads. Litteraly in some places there you would be in town and a paved road would turn into a dirt road. I love Louisiana and the people here. We just need a change in government to allow us to prosper.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I dont know about that list. It had us third in corruption, I was pretty sure we were running away with number one on that one.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    I dont know about that list. It had us third in corruption, I was pretty sure we were running away with number one on that one.
    If you look at how they prepare the rankings, it is based on "convictions for corruption" per capita. Since we reelect the crooked politicians instead of convicting them, it skews the numbers a little bit in our favor.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Ditto.

That list just makes me sigh. My only connection to this state is Tech. I had the dumb luck to fall in love with a university in the septic tank of America.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg View Post
    If you look at how they prepare the rankings, it is based on "convictions for corruption" per capita. Since we reelect the crooked politicians instead of convicting them, it skews the numbers a little bit in our favor.
    Thanks for clarifying that. It really did shake my worldview a little to think that there are two states that have more corruption.

Big Dog bulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of light bulldawg03's Avatar

I live in New Orleans. Born and raised. While I admit the city and the state have their faults, I wouldn't live anywhere else. I could go into a long, drawn out explanation, but I'm sure there's at least one other person who will agree with me.

To me, anywhere else would be boring...

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg03 View Post
    I live in New Orleans. Born and raised. While I admit the city and the state have their faults, I wouldn't live anywhere else. I could go into a long, drawn out explanation, but I'm sure there's at least one other person who will agree with me.

To me, anywhere else would be boring...
    NYC?
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

That's because corrupt Louisianians prepared the list. Some of those guys will lie about anything.

+ Reply to Thread