+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I told you so

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Re: I told you so

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    You could fit DirtyDawg through these holes in your logic.
    Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg View Post

1) But the players are phenominal athletes,
    2)the vast majority of them have pride
    1) So are football players and hockey players, but you don't see them going into the stands and beating up innocent people.

2) I disagree. If they have even the smallest ounce of pride, they would care enough about their image that they wouldn't start riots. To me it seems more like most of them don't have any shame.

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaDawg View Post
    When it comes to pro sports, I mostly just pull for the former Tech players. I don't care much for any one team.
    Exactly.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

I dislike the NBA so much that I want to unsubscribe to this thread. How do I do this?
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Click on "thread tools" and click unsubscribe. Or wait till it pops up on your user cp again, and click unsubscribe.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Sorry, wasnt singling you out or anything.

It just seems that whenever there is a a NBA thread, people feel the need to bash. Even some of my good friends. Thats fine, some of you dont like the NBA. We get it.

I will be the first to admit that the season is too long(so is hockey and baseball), the games can be really boring, the stars get some calls, etc. But the players are phenominal athletes, the vast majority of them have pride and want to win, and the NBA playoffs are a blast.

My interest fell off when Malone retired, too, but now with Paul doing so well for the JAZZ, well, expect alot more NBA threads in the future.
    i haven't thrown in my "i hate the nba" 2 cents in yet, so i won't start now. but when i say i hate the nba it is not because it is all bad, but because it has taken a sport that i love and turned it into a circus that i can't make myself enjoy.

i agree that the playoffs are fun and seem a lot less "fixed" than they did back in the days when i liked the nba (didn't it seam odd to anyone else that the series almost always went to 7 games -- more money for the league). the players are all great atheletes and not all of them are jerks. and i am going to enjoy watching paul turn into a dominant player at the highest level.

oh yeah, and suckupdawg needs to lay off the crack.

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by AG_jr View Post
    Ouch!

1) So are football players and hockey players, but you don't see them going into the stands and beating up innocent people.

2) I disagree. If they have even the smallest ounce of pride, they would care enough about their image that they wouldn't start riots. To me it seems more like most of them don't have any shame.

Exactly.
    Huh? I remember 1 riot. Would you refresh our memory on the other ones?

Also, I have seen hockey players in the stands, going after fans, AT LEAST ten times. Ive seen it in basketball once.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AG_jr View Post
    Ouch!

Exactly.
    Isolated. You make it seem as if it happens every game. The vast majority of players haven't started the problems you speak of.

Oh yeah, and Suckup, lay off the crackpipe. It is an interesting world you live in.

Huh? I remember 1 riot. Would you refresh our memory on the other ones?

Also, I have seen hockey players in the stands, going after fans, AT LEAST ten times. Ive seen it in basketball once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Isolated. You make it seem as if it happens every game. The vast majority of players haven't started the problems you speak of.

Oh yeah, and Suckup, lay off the crackpipe. It is an interesting world you live in.
    Just making generalizations. I'm sure they aren't well founded, but that's just how i feel.

+ Reply to Thread