+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teixeira traded to BRAVES!!!

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Teixeira traded to BRAVES!!!

http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/a...=.jsp&c_id=atl

The Braves get 1B Mark Teixeira and LHP Ron Mahay for C/1B Jarrod Saltalamacchia, SS Elvis Andrus, and 2 minor league pitchers. As a Braves fan, I love this trade - the lineup is crazy good now and Mahay adds some depth and a lefty to the bullpen. Rangers fans are getting a soon to be great catcher in Salty and 3 of the best prospects in the Braves organization. I hate to see Salty go but he wouldnt play everyday with McCann in Atlanta for the long haul.

Braves lineup:

LF Willie Harris
    SS Edgar Renteria
    3B Chipper Jones
    1B Mark Teixeira
    CF Andruw Jones
    C Brian McCann
    RF Jeff Francouer
    2B Kelly Johnson

I'd put that lineup with any team in baseball.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: Teixeira traded to BRAVES!!!

Braves getting a 27 year old, 30 HR, 100 RBI guy for a backup catcher and a couple of prospects?? Not a bad deal!!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

As a Ranger fan I am very happy about this deal.

According to Baseball America we got the top-3 prospects (Catcher, SS, P) in the Braves organization plus another pitcher to boot.

Remember this:

#1 Who Teixeria's agent is (Boras)
    #2 The chances of resigning him
    #3 Who we have coming up

A win/win for both teams. I am very happy.

My only question is we already have a nice prospect at Catcher in Teagarden from UT. We just traded Kenny Lofton for one of the Indians top catching prospects. I have heard that the catcher we got from Atlanta is a very good hitter and can play 1st base so that might be what they are planning. Also the Rangers also might be trading Gerald Laird to the Cubs.

Now I want to see who we can get for Gagne. I hear the Yankees are hard after him and they have plenty of pitching prospects to give up.

In '09 the Rangers could be sitting pretty.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    As a Rangers fan since 1975 when I moved here after Tech, the Strangers are always two years away from lookin pretty.:icon_wink:

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

What's left on Tex's deal?? This his final year??

Salty came in for a time when McCann was on the DL and he was a very bright spot. He's going to be a solid catcher in this league.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

I like the trade for this year and next. However, it is possible the Rangers could ultimately get the better end of the deal in a few years if Salty and the shortstop live up to their high expectations. Now if the Braves' bullpen would just get its act together.
    Go Tech!

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Braves should have him for this year and next.
    Go Tech!

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    As a Ranger fan I am very happy about this deal.

According to Baseball America we got the top-3 prospects (Catcher, SS, P) in the Braves organization plus another pitcher to boot.

Remember this:

#1 Who Teixeria's agent is (Boras)
    #2 The chances of resigning him
    #3 Who we have coming up

A win/win for both teams. I am very happy.

My only question is we already have a nice prospect at Catcher in Teagarden from UT. We just traded Kenny Lofton for one of the Indians top catching prospects. I have heard that the catcher we got from Atlanta is a very good hitter and can play 1st base so that might be what they are planning. Also the Rangers also might be trading Gerald Laird to the Cubs.

Now I want to see who we can get for Gagne. I hear the Yankees are hard after him and they have plenty of pitching prospects to give up.

Salty is a catcher. He played 1B in Atlanta because McCann is there, but he is definitely a catcher. I think he'll be a star in Texas as a switch hitter in that ballpark.

This really is a great trade for both teams, the Braves got 2 players that will help them win this year and next year at least. The Rangers got 4 players who could all be at least solid players in the next 3-4 years, Salty will be a star this year.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Next year is his last. Whether this is a good trade for Atlanta depends completely on how they finish the next two years. Tex is a great hitter and has won gold gloves at 1st base. I have no doubt he will produce, BUT can they resign him. Mama says Boras is Da Debil!

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Ballgame over, Division over, the Braa, aaaa, aaaa, aaaves win!!

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg View Post
    Ballgame over, Division over, the Braa, aaaa, aaaa, aaaves win!!
    I hope so, Steve Phillips on espn says the Braves are the team to beat in the East now. He's an idiot, but I think with the injuries the Phillies and Mets have now the Braves could take over and never look back.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Speaking of the Braves. Willie Harris IS A PLAYER!
    Caught him in the St. Louis series last week. 6 for 6 in one game! And some great plays in left field.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

I would love for the Braves to approach Todd Walker to be a veteran backup for 1st, 2nd, and third. I'm just not big on Chris Woodard as the backup infielder.

I would love for the Braves to approach Todd Walker to be a veteran backup for 1st, 2nd, and third. I'm just not big on Chris Woodard as the backup infielder.
    I'm still convinced Woodward is a Mets spy sending info back to New York.

http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/a...=.jsp&c_id=atl

Braves got Royals closer Octavio Dotel for Kyle Davies in a move to improve the bullpen.

Looks like the Braves are serious about making a run now! GO BRAVES!!

+ Reply to Thread