+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teixeira traded to BRAVES!!!

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: Teixeira traded to BRAVES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup View Post
    http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/a...=.jsp&c_id=atl

Braves got Royals closer Octavio Dotel for Kyle Davies in a move to improve the bullpen.

Looks like the Braves are serious about making a run now! GO BRAVES!!
    Then who are the starting pitchers??

I know that you have Smoltz, James, and Hudson.... whoelse??

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Then who are the starting pitchers??

I know that you have Smoltz, James, and Hudson.... whoelse??
    Carlyle and JoJo Reyes (rookies)

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Just heard the Braves had to add Beau Jones to the Teixeira deal because of the Rangers worry about Matt Harrison's sore shoulder. Jones is from Destrehan, I met his dad at a Tech game where he was to see Andrew Lassere (They were teammates). Braves are in a great position to make a run at the world series!

Braves 2007 trades:

C Jarrod Saltalamacchia, LHP Matt Harrison, SS Elvis Andrus, LHP Beau Jones, and RHP Neftali Perez to Texas for 1B Mark Teixeira and LHP Ron Mahay.

LHP Wil Ledezma and LHP Will Startup to San Diego for LHP Royce Ring.

RHP Kyle Davies to Kansas City for RHP Octavio Dotel.

Teixeira's contract is through 2008, but he went to Georgia Tech and is already buying property in the Atlanta area. Rumor is that the Braves new ownership, Liberty Media, will add $10-$20 million in payroll, making re-signing both Tex and Andruw possible if Jones gives the Braves a "hometown discount", which he did in his last contract negotiations. Both are represented by Scott Boras, but in the last negotiations Andruw told his agent to "get a deal done with Atlanta however possible", he loves Atlanta and playing for Bobby Cox. I think it's a long shot, but it would be nice to either re-sign Andruw, or get a #3 starting pitcher and a solid LF (Harris playing CF everyday).

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

I am not sure the Braves will want to resign Andruw. I think they would be better served using his money for another starting pitcher. Smoltz can't go forever and if he goes down, they are sunk. Just heard Santana bash twins management. He is a free agent after next year and I don't see the Twins being able to resign him. I would sign a midlevel free agent outfielder, resign Texeria, and hold out for Santana.

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    I am not sure the Braves will want to resign Andruw. I think they would be better served using his money for another starting pitcher. Smoltz can't go forever and if he goes down, they are sunk. Just heard Santana bash twins management. He is a free agent after next year and I don't see the Twins being able to resign him. I would sign a midlevel free agent outfielder, resign Texeria, and hold out for Santana.
    Probably won't be able to afford Santana. But I agree about a midlevel outfielder, Teixeira, and most likely it would be a pitcher not quite at Santana's level. If the Braves could get someone like Scott Kazmir or Matt Cain I'd be happy.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Tulsa,

There is a good article in the new SI that talks about what a great trade this was for both teams.

+ Reply to Thread