9 7.44%
  • New York Yankees

5 4.13%
  • Other (list in post)

12 9.92%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite MLB team?

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Favorite MLB team?

All the talk about the trade deadline got me thinking, who's the favorite MLB team of BBB? It only allows 10, so if I don't list your team add it in a post.

I'm 100% Atlanta Braves

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: Favorite MLB team?

Why so many Braves fans? I like them too, not my favorite though. Did many of you start watching them as kids through TBS?

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Why so many Braves fans? I like them too, not my favorite though. Did many of you start watching them as kids through TBS?
    That's probably the main reason for me. Atlanta, St Louis and Houston were the closest teams to me when I was a kid. I also liked Dale Murphy.
    Go Tech!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaDawg View Post
    That's probably the main reason for me. Atlanta, St Louis and Houston were the closest teams to me when I was a kid. I also liked Dale Murphy.
    I really like him to. I still have almost every baseball card he ever had including 2 or 3 of his rookie cards. I think he was underrated.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Cubs
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Same question. Was it WGN and day games that initially hooked you?

The first baseball game I ever went to was at Wrigley. My grandpa took me on the train to the Northside and we walked from the train station to Wrigley field. It was awesome.

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

I think that with the combination of them being good when I really started following baseball is it for me. I was 9 when they won the '95 world series and it was Chipper Jones' rookie season (my favorite player). I remember listening to the 1996 world series on the radio in my room because Mom and Dad wouldn't let me stay up and watch it on a school night. My hatred for the Yankees stems from 1996 and 1999.

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

1 - White Sox. I used to watch them on WSNS before they screwed up and moved to the failed SportsVision. They alienated a lot of people by doing this, opening the door for the Cubs. Harry Caray, exploding score board, disco demolition night, Bill Veeck. Cool stuff. '83 Sox, almost did it.

2 - Cubs. When the Sox went to cable, I had to start watching the Cubs. Dave Kingman in the early days. Then Ryno, "Bull" Durham, Harry Caray, etc. '84 Cubs, should have done it. Durham letting the ball go under his legs, two years before Bill Buckner in Boston. Ack!

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup View Post
    I remember listening to the 1996 world series on the radio in my room because Mom and Dad wouldn't let me stay up and watch it on a school night.
    We did that? I didn't realize we were such bad parents. We should have let you watch it on TV.
    Go Tech!

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaDawg View Post
    We did that? I didn't realize we were such bad parents. We should have let you watch it on TV.
    Yep, terrible parents

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

I grew up loving the Braves and Mets. Yea, I now know that they are in the same Division, but I was a big Doc Gooden (go figure) and HoJo fan.

I loved the Braves Pitching Staff with Avery, Smoltz, Wholers, Glavine, etc. I wanted to be a pro golfer or a MLB pitcher when growing up.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

No Detroit Tigers as an option in the poll?

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Became a Braves fan in 1991 when they went worst to first and the heartbreaking loss to the Twins in Game 7...my love for them only grew with the additions of David Justice, Greg Maddux, Chipper and Andruw...

I'm still holding out hopes for another World Series appearance...but I'll settle for getting passed the 1st round

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

I saw the first game ever played in the Astrodome. I saw Mickey Mantle (who I share a birthday with, by the way) hit a homerun that day. The old Colt 45 stadium was not even torn down yet. It was in the parking lot of the Astrodome. I grew up listening to the play-by-play by Gene Elston on the radio. We went to somewhere between 8 to 15 games a year all the way through high school. I have seen at least one game live every year since then except when I was in law school.

Baseball ends each year when the Astros play their last game.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    I saw the first game ever played in the Astrodome. I saw Mickey Mantle (who I share a birthday with, by the way) hit a homerun that day.
    That's cool. I don't remember the exact date, but I went to a game maybe a month later. It was against the Cardinals, my favorite team at the time. We had seats on the first row on the field level just beyond the infield down the third base line and the Cardinals dugout.

I'll never forget walking up the ramp and then seeing the inside of the dome for the first time. I thought I had walked into the land of Oz or something. The Astros have always been my second or third favorite team.
    Go Tech!

+ Reply to Thread