9 7.44%
  • New York Yankees

5 4.13%
  • Other (list in post)

12 9.92%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite MLB team?

Varsity Bulldog rtr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her game rtr002's Avatar

Re: Favorite MLB team?

I've been following the Cubs since I was a kid in the Late 80's. We got WGN on cable when my mom finally decided that country cable was not good enough anymore. I started out with Ryan Sandberg, Mark Grace, Shawn Dunston, Andre Dawson, and it was Greg Maddux's rookie year.
    How bout them Dawgs!

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Cards man. I'd say most Arkansans pull for them. Combination of the Travs afiliation for so many years, proximity, and history (both sucess and the fact that they were the only team around the middle of the country for so long).

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Why so many Braves fans? I like them too, not my favorite though. Did many of you start watching them as kids through TBS?
    Exactly. I was probably 7 or 8 and was just getting interested in baseball and playing the baptist blue jean league (anyone remember the Baptist Ballpark in S'port?). This was circa 1982, and the Superstation ran a documentary called "Long way to October" which featured the 82 team and their run to the NLCS. From that moment I was hooked and became obsessed with Atlanta Braves baseball featuring the Murph, Bob Horner, Glenn Hubbard, Bruce Benedict, Craig McMurtry, Rafael Ramirez, Brett Butler and Manager Joe Torre. The 90's run (when everyone got sick of the Braves) was sweet justice for long suffering Braves fans like me who remembered when it wasn't cool to admit to liking the Braves.

As far as the Cubbies go, I got WGN all my life, but never developed anything other than ambivalence toward the Cubs UNTIL I went to a game at Wrigley this past May. It's hard to sit in that stadium eating a hot dog and sipping an Old Style and not be a Cubs fan. I've been to many Astros games and the atmosphere there just does not come near the atmosphere at Wrigley.

Varsity Bulldog beefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nice beefcakes's Avatar

Y'all will never guess my favorite team?

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Royals. I'm a huge George Brett fan. I can't tell you how many pairs of Brett #5 cleats I. wore out.

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    Royals. I'm a huge George Brett fan. I can't tell you how many pairs of Brett #5 cleats I. wore out.
    Yes I'm a White Sox fan, but in the George Brett years I was definitely rooting for the Royals. Back in those days, my best friend got my a signed George Brett card while I was recovering from a hospital visit. It was the year he was flirting with .400. I still have it somewhere. Awesome.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

1st Place Cubbies! I loved baseball in general as a kid and watched any team that was on TV. The Big Red Machine, Willie Stargel and "We are Family", But the Cubbies were on almost every afternoon and after staying out late the night before and early classes the next day I lounged on the couch half watching half listening to Harry Carey and napping from my 1st Freshman quarter on. Had some great times and a lot of disapointment but always love to root root root for the Cubbies.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Cardinals - Early 60's listening to Harry Caray on my transistor during the day and KMOX at night got me hooked.

Bob Gibson was the man!

Cubs come in a distant 2nd.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Cleveland Indians as a write in vote. They are finally turning around from the yard sale of talent they had around 2000. Pretty youthful roster (minus Kenny Lofton) and hopefully about to get off this slump and take out the tiggers.

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar

Astros without question. I grew up going to Stros games. I was lucky enough to be at a 17 inning game with the Giants in the 60's and see Willie Mays and Willie McCovey go deep but the Astros won. I haven't been to a game in several years but catch them on fox sports sw quite regularly.

Cardinals would be next. I remember sneaking a little radio to school in the 1967 series with the Red Sox. Got caught though and only got to listen to a little bit.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Cardinals - Early 60's listening to Harry Caray on my transistor during the day and KMOX at night got me hooked.

Bob Gibson was the man!

Cubs come in a distant 2nd.
    Wow. Most Cards fans I know hate the Cubbies.

Big Dog localdawg is an unknown

Go Sox!!! I bleed Boston Red & Blue! After Bulldog Blue of course!

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Let's go Rays!
    Let's go Rays!
    Let's go Rays!

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    Let's go Rays!
    Let's go Rays!
    Let's go Rays!
    Who??

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Who??
    What is now the Tampa Bay "Devil Rays" will soon be dropping the "Devil." They are also changing their colors to blue and yellow.

+ Reply to Thread