+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Athletic Facilities

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Athletic Facilities

I want to know if/when all of this money Reneau has promised to spend is going to be used on our facilities. I took a quick drive around the football stadium/TAC last week. One word.......Embarrassing. How many D1 programs store lawn mowers, tractors, golf carts, etc. under the bleachers for everyone to see? What an eyesore. It also appeared the grass hadn't been cut in weeks, much less a weedeater used. One of my biggest pet peeves is the ugly-ass "fence" Tech put up along Tech Drive. Are you telling me they couldn't come up w/ something better than that? When will the condemned bleachers be moved from the track? Am I the only person that sees this? Someone needs to be held accountable. Done ranting.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: Athletic Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    Am I the only person that sees this? Someone needs to be held accountable. Done ranting.
    Nope, everyone has seen it...but be patient, good things are happen around Tech. Hopefully JO will go...BB&B and many alumns have played a big role in the recent changes.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

You toured the nice side of campus. Continue south on Tech Drive until you get to Barnet Springs Road. Hang a right and circle around the dorms until you come back out onto Tech Drive. This loop is truly embarrasing. Drive slowly or you'll have to get your car realligned.
    ________
    Jalpa
    Last edited by LT; 05-05-2011 at 12:59 AM.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    You toured the nice side of campus. Continue south on Tech Drive until you get to Barnet Springs Road. Hang a right and circle around the dorms until you come back out onto Tech Drive. This loop is truly embarrasing. You'll need to get your car alligned before you get back onto the freeway.
    Oh, don't worry, I've been over there several times. But that's not what most people see when they come to campus. Our athletic facilities are.

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    I want to know if/when all of this money Reneau has promised to spend is going to be used on our facilities. I took a quick drive around the football stadium/TAC last week. One word.......Embarrassing. How many D1 programs store lawn mowers, tractors, golf carts, etc. under the bleachers for everyone to see? What an eyesore. It also appeared the grass hadn't been cut in weeks, much less a weedeater used. One of my biggest pet peeves is the ugly-ass "fence" Tech put up along Tech Drive. Are you telling me they couldn't come up w/ something better than that? When will the condemned bleachers be moved from the track? Am I the only person that sees this? Someone needs to be held accountable. Done ranting.
    Your observations are on target. Not to make excuses for anyone, but it easy to become complacent about one's surroundings. We can learn from areas of the country that are tourist oriented. They are concerned about their community's appearance and control signage, landscaping, setbacks, etc. Tech is "selling" so they too need to be concerned and look at themselves with a critical eye.

Regarding the fence on Tech drive - the intent is for the fence not to be seen, but have a green fence once the bushes mature. Look for the pipe fence to disappear by '08.

I think Tech officials can be guided to taking a critical eye if we all would voice our suggestions to peope like DR, Corre Stigall, Jim King, and Joe Thomas in very short, positive notes - one that makes them look at Tech critically and gives them the idea that the Tech supporters want some change. Contacting the Alumni Board president, John Allen, would be another suggestion. The board could make a recommendation to the university. If everyone pushes, we will get change. Right now, I think the "interested Tech community" is accountable for not standing up and letting them know what needs to be done - over and over and over and over.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech78 View Post
    Your observations are on target. Not to make excuses for anyone, but it easy to become complacent about one's surroundings. We can learn from areas of the country that are tourist oriented. They are concerned about their community's appearance and control signage, landscaping, setbacks, etc. Tech is "selling" so they too need to be concerned and look at themselves with a critical eye.

Regarding the fence on Tech drive - the intent is for the fence not to be seen, but have a green fence once the bushes mature. Look for the pipe fence to disappear by '08.

I think Tech officials can be guided to taking a critical eye if we all would voice our suggestions to peope like DR, Corre Stigall, Jim King, and Joe Thomas in very short, positive notes - one that makes them look at Tech critically and gives them the idea that the Tech supporters want some change. Contacting the Alumni Board president, John Allen, would be another suggestion. The board could make a recommendation to the university. If everyone pushes, we will get change. Right now, I think the "interested Tech community" is accountable for not standing up and letting them know what needs to be done - over and over and over and over.
    Excellent post! Right on target.
    Go Tech!

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

I just saw on Rome is Burning that Boise is building a 37 million dollar press box. I don't think our entire stadium is worth that much.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    I just saw on Rome is Burning that Boise is building a 37 million dollar press box. I don't think our entire stadium is worth that much.
    Hard to believe that not too long ago we were beating them 63 - 28! I think Boise is Idaho's LSU when it comes to funding.

+ Reply to Thread