View Poll Results: Should the home run record have an asterick?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 66.20%
  • No

24 33.80%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Homerun record

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Homerun record

Just wondering how many of you think that when Barry breaks the record, it should have and asterick by it?

Personally, I say no. To many questions that are unanswered.

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Re: Homerun record

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    Just wondering how many of you think that when Barry breaks the record, it should have and asterick by it?

Personally, I say no. To many questions that are unanswered.
    I'm about 99% sure he took steroids and HGH. But, so did probably the majority of everybody else in major league baseball. It wouldn't bother me at all if they wiped out every record set since about 1985. As far as I'm concerned 61 and 755 are the HR records. If you're going to put an asterisk in the record books it should be next to every stat from whenever the steroid era began. I think Bonds is a cheating @$$hole, but I'm more pissed at MLB for him getting away with it than I am at him for doing it.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

I concur with Tulsa.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Name Seasons AB Avg Slg.

Ruth 22 8398 .342 .690

Aaron 23 12364 .305 .555

Bonds 22 9770+ .298 .607

Notice the at bats for Aaron.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

No *. Nothing has been proven...yet.

As far as Aaron's ABs, you have to look at the Walks that Ruth and Bonds have. They are the best players ever...Ruth and Bonds along with Mays and Aaron very close behind. ARod is creeping up on them thought and Griffey could have been if not for injuries.

+ Reply to Thread