+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hola from Isla Holbox

Varsity Bulldog Nuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the rough Nuke Dawg's Avatar

Hola from Isla Holbox

Great reading the board today. Weve been down here since Tuesday, so this is my first chance to read. Absolutely beautiful place. I took a pic with my Tech flag on the beach. Ill post it when we return. Anyone with questions about this place let me know. We will definitely return.
    Nuke

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: Hola from Isla Holbox

I'm unfamiliar with this place. Where is it?

Varsity Bulldog Nuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the rough Nuke Dawg's Avatar

Holbox is a fairly remote island located at the northwestern tip of the Yucatan Peninsula. You have to fly into Cancun, take a 2-2.5 hour van transfer to Chiquila, then a 30 minute ferry ride to the island. No high rises, very few cars mostly golf carts and bicycles, and very friendly people. Not a place to go to if you want "night life", but beautiful place for relaxing, fishing, swimming with the whale sharks, dolphins,etc,. I'll include a few links. I know Marketdawg has been there also.
    Nuke

http://www.holbox-island.com/holbox-island/

http://www.holboxisland.com/

http://www.holboxtarponclub.com/index.html

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Told you to relax and enjoy. Glad you had a safe, fun and relaxing trip. I just got back from a week on the beach myself. If football season weren't right around the corner I might not have come back:icon_wink: .
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

All I can say is "WOW!!!" Probably the most relaxing vacation I have ever had. I was a little concerned that my two teenage daughters might get somewhat bored, but they also had a blast. I will definitely return. The locals think that a growth explosion isn't too far down the road and some knowledgeable folks say 10-15 years it will be quite different. They have enacted codes that require no more than two stories on any development and roofs must be "rustic". I think they are on the right track with this, let it grow but NOT into another Cancun or Cozumel. They are planning with a specific type of visitor in mind. I'm thinking of investing. I met the owner of the Tarpon Club, a small "bar" on the beach and an open "kitchen" in the rear to grill fish and make ceviche, and he would be interested in some expansion and serious remodeling. Rumor is that the beach "road" will close eventually and the one just behind it, behind the hotels, will be extended beyond the river and a bridge be built. I personally believe it would be a great opportunity but I've never invested outside of the US in that manner.
    Nuke

+ Reply to Thread