+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin's jump around (tradition)

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Wisconsin's jump around (tradition)

Caught a Wisconsin game on tv last year and saw everyone jumping to House of Pain's "Jump Around", it was great! I found some vids on Youtube, prob one of the most amazing things to witness at a college stadium. A tradition done after the 3rd qtr at Camp Randell Stadium.

Youtube vid (wisconsin student section)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UDpCeC8Hj...elated&search=

Student section view
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=xKX5s6dPW3M&mode=related&search=

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

Re: Wisconsin's jump around (tradition)

I've seen much better traditions.

clearly that tradition isn't very old. The music choice is a giveaway.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Hmmm....maybe this explains why the University of Wisconsin's Camp Randall Stadium broke apart during a 1993 football game and injured 69 people.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...16/ai_14655951

HD

Varsity Bulldog UpNorthDawg is just really niceUpNorthDawg is just really niceUpNorthDawg is just really niceUpNorthDawg is just really niceUpNorthDawg is just really niceUpNorthDawg is just really niceUpNorthDawg is just really niceUpNorthDawg is just really niceUpNorthDawg is just really nice UpNorthDawg's Avatar

i think it be cool to see something like that. it still doesnt beat an TX A&M game though. Wisconsin had only the students doing it but when everyone swaying back and forth at Kyle Field during the Tech game it gave me chills

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

The A&M things is cool...anything with a big mass of ppl doing the same thing is cool. Ex. arkansas Hog call.

I remember years back where the eastside would yell "bulldog" and the westside would respond back with "fight". I thought that was cool. Prob easier to pull off if we had a jumbotron directing ppl on the chant.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UpNorthDawg View Post
    but when everyone swaying back and forth at Kyle Field during the Tech game it gave me chills

It's cool but it also kind of creeps me out, it's like a cult.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Pretty good!!! I agree when you can get that many people to do something its impressive.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I still think the eagle thing at Auburn is the best followed by the WAR! EAGLE! battle cry.

Also a much classier bunch of folks than those Razorback hillbillies. As far as A&M goes, too many guys and not enough good lookin' women.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I still think the eagle thing at Auburn is the best followed by the WAR! EAGLE! battle cry.

Also a much classier bunch of folks than those Razorback hillbillies. As far as A&M goes, too many guys and not enough good lookin' women.
    100% agree. All male cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone1 View Post
    I've seen much better traditions.

clearly that tradition isn't very old. The music choice is a giveaway.
    I thought it was cool. I bet that really pumps the students up for the 4th qtr especially during crucial times.

I know we have "move the chains", I think we can add another stadium cheer.

Varsity Bulldog Dawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post

Watch the Hillbilly jokes! Some of us went to school up there (and still live in AR).

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgy Dog View Post
    Watch the Hillbilly jokes! Some of us went to school up there (and still live in AR).
    I just visited NW Arkansas this summer for the first time. I was amazed at the beauty and growth of the area. Been hearing about it for years, but couldn't imagine how it would be so great. It was and I think it would be a great place to live.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgy Dog View Post
    Fans from Arky-saw arrive for tailgating:

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    It's cool but it also kind of creeps me out, it's like a cult.

Like a cult?

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UpNorthDawg View Post
    i think it be cool to see something like that. it still doesnt beat an TX A&M game though. Wisconsin had only the students doing it but when everyone swaying back and forth at Kyle Field during the Tech game it gave me chills
    I agree on the swaying. Now that's a little different. That tradition has been going on for a LOOOOONG time and it actually signifies something. Those fans are all singing the fight song/war hymn and the swaying is supposed to mimic the sawing off of varsities horns.

The word tradition means something on it's own and what you saw at Wisconsin doesn't quite fit just yet. Give it another 5 or 10 years and lets see if it sticks.

Howard's rock is a tradition.
    Dotting the I is a tradition.
    There are a lot of them out there that I like. That's what sets college football apart. The tradition, the passion, and the pagentry. The NFL can't match it.

+ Reply to Thread