+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hall of Fame game

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Hall of Fame game

While watching the Saints defense fall apart and Jason Fife actually putting something together, I was thinking about the idea of the game. I my mind this is a game to honor the greats that just got inducted and the past legends that have been in the HoF.

My question is: Is the NFL doing a dis-service to the Hall of Fame by having this as a preseason game, let alone the first one. Why couldn't they move it to the first regular season game, such as the first game of the current Super Bowl champions. I know that the ceremonies would have to move dates, but I don't see a problem with that. With a regular season game, you actually get two teams trying to get off on the right foot and who actually care about the outcome.

To me, you have the very first preseason game where two camps have been underway for at most 5 days and a whole bunch of kinks to work out. The starters are out after 2 possessions and the subs fight for starting positions. I think it would give the inductees, Canton and the game a much better atmosphere.

Varsity Bulldog ajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really nice ajs008's Avatar

Re: Hall of Fame game

I think the NFL is doing the right thing, by having it as the first preseason game. It is not about the game but the players that are being enshrined. If you make it the first NFL game of the season, I think it takes away from the men being inducted. That whole weekend revoles aroung the ceremony and the inductess. The people of Canton support the game fully (always sold out). IMHO I feel it is a great atmosphere for the occassion.

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ajs008 View Post
    I think the NFL is doing the right thing, by having it as the first preseason game. It is not about the game but the players that are being enshrined. If you make it the first NFL game of the season, I think it takes away from the men being inducted. That whole weekend revoles aroung the ceremony and the inductess. The people of Canton support the game fully (always sold out). IMHO I feel it is a great atmosphere for the occassion.
    On the flipside, it got rather old seeing Michael Irvin cry...

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

His body was all screwed up because he didn't have a hit in over an hour. His body was detoxing and it was painful.

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    His body was all screwed up because he didn't have a hit in over an hour. His body was detoxing and it was painful.
    Notice how he was only crying out of his right eye...must be some kind of defect...

+ Reply to Thread