+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dave/Halen

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: Dave/Halen

The papers gave them a good review for their show in Dallas.

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

The Dallas show was great for the most part. Dave messed up some of the words and the band got lost a few times.

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

The Houston show was great.

I've concluded that 20 years were flushed down the toilet, lost forever. Don't get me wrong, Sammy was good, but Van Halen with Dave is FUN. I left the show wondering what could have been if they could have just stayed together instead of splitting up.

Now, it would be nice if they could manage to get in the studio and put together a CD.

My wife liked it and she wasn't a VH fan like I was. I felt a little sorry for her at times because if it was a song she didn't know then it was just loud obnoxious noise.

There were a lot of older people. Men dressed like they were either just in from work or from the golf course. Dress pants, dress shirts, ties. Funny crowd for a rock concert! Lots of older people. And all of them were white, too.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Got back from LR at 2 am.

"There were a lot of older people. Men dressed like they were either just in from work or from the golf course. Dress pants, dress shirts, ties. Funny crowd for a rock concert! Lots of older people. And all of them were white, too. "

identical crowd to last night.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

my take on the Dave Halen experience

things that were missing: Daves lion mane, Eddies hair, my hair, Michael Anthony, smell of sweet leaf, a date (Jay doesn’t count), a buzz, young hot women, Jack Daniels Bass (see Michael Anthony), Daves ego, anyone really really hot when they had to flash someone on the screen from the audience when they played “hot for teacher”.

things I did see that I could have done without: 40+ old women in leather, Van Halen super fan doing the Ozzy Osborne clap and head bob the WHOLE concert, dude in front of us flashing the devil sign (or was that a hook’um horns sign) every time Van Halen started playing one of his favorite songs (devil hand signs just don’t go with “Pretty Woman”), the transvestite and friend, 20 year old prego girl of 9 months with 50+ year old fertile guy, Daves top hats, the huge curtain covering the area we were supposed to sit because they didn’t sell enough tickets, guys hustling VH t-shirts in the parking lot for “same shirt half the price, 20 bucks, how many you need”, 50 year old guy still wayyyyy to connected to the Van Halen way of 20+ years ago with salt and pepper hair midway down his back, the clock flashing 2:01am when we pulled back into my driveway in Ruston.

things that just seemed “right”: Dave being back with Van Halen. If egos hadn’t gotten in the way what songs might now be classics from these guys

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

I''M HERE. WEARING JEANS, A GRATEFUL DEAD SWEATSHIRT AND RUNNING SHOES. I'VE GOT MY SON TO LEFT AND A DOUBLE CROWN.

IT'S GONNA BE A GOOD NIGHT.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    I''M HERE. WEARING JEANS, A GRATEFUL DEAD SWEATSHIRT AND RUNNING SHOES. I'VE GOT MY SON TO LEFT AND A DOUBLE CROWN.

IT'S GONNA BE A GOOD NIGHT.
    Rock On !!!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I think Jay ought to get Leigha to do a Van Halen/Van Haggar nite for basketball then next time class is out -

Eruption
    Janie's Cryin
    Panama
    Hot for Teacher
    Pretty Women
    Dance the Night Away
    I'll Wait
    You Really Got Me
    Ice Cream Man

Dreams
    Top Of the World

Solid VH bump music all nite long -

I'm still waiting for Fox and Co to break out the GOOD ROD STEWART on friday's - MANDOLIN WIND, FIRST CUT, HANDBAGS AND GLAD RAGS, CUT ACROSS SHORTY....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread