+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dave/Halen

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

Re: Dave/Halen

New dates added to the tour. Dallas on the 26th of January and New Orleans too. Got my tickets for the Dallas show this AM.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Got my San Antonio tix this a.m.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking abuot getting tickets, but some of the reveiws have been less than glowing so I guess I will just remember the good ole days.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

They are playing here tonight, but it sold out before I heard about it. Buddy of mine is going. Should be fun.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    They are playing here tonight, but it sold out before I heard about it. Buddy of mine is going. Should be fun.

Call Vegasdawg and see if they have some kind of trade to get you in. It might be too late for that, too, though.

Champ TECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to all TECHLAX's Avatar

Got tickets for the show in NO on Feb 8th. I will let everyone know how it goes. Should be fun!

Big Dog Lone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of light Lone Star Dawg's Avatar

I don't know... I went to see the Hagar and Roth tour a few years ago in Dallas at Smirnoff and David Lee got blown off the stage by Sammy. That's coming from a guy that never bought a single Van Hagar album, but owns every Van Halen album up to 1984 and also Dave's Crazy From the Heat EP. Dave was so wrecked he forgot lyrics in just about every song and he was still using the same old schtick lines from the old days, like telling some heckler in the front rows that he was going to be f'ing that guys girlfriend after the show. Sammy, on the other hand, opened the show and he had the crowd going nuts like it was one huge party. His guitarist was also incredible and he threw in some old Motrose songs also like Bad Motorscooter. Halfway through Dave's show the crowd had started clearing out and the place was half empty by the end.

I would really love for the old group to be in old form, but the cynic in me says that David Lee and Eddie just don't have it in them. I hope I'm wrong and that I regret not getting tickets for the show. You guys going have to post a review of the concert afterwards.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

found out tonight i'll be in LR on the 30th with DaveHalen

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    found out tonight i'll be in LR on the 30th with DaveHalen

i cant wait, my first ever rock concert.

VAN HALEN!

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Awesome show. EVH cleaned himself up and hit all his guitar parts (almost) perfectly. He missed a valuable riff in "Panama", but other than that, virtually flawless. Wolfie turned out to be a solid bass player and hit all the background vocals nicely. DLR, was DLR, except with shorter hair and a skeletor face.

Review of the concert I went to last night:

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblog...ng_with_t.html

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

Going to Houston for the Monday show.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

well, we're getting close and after tomorrow night Jay will never be the same

"and the cradle will rock . . .. "

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post

"and the cradle will rock . . .. "

i wanna see you JUMP

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post
    i wanna see you JUMP
    im more of an ICE CREAM MAN

They played all of those. Dave intro'd Ice Cream Man with an acoustic guitar and some sappy story about trying to get some girl to kiss him in the 70's. We were like, "What is Dave doing?" Then he started the Ice Cream Man riff and we got it. I gotta say, I thought, "Everybody Wants Some" was my favorite live song.

+ Reply to Thread