+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A-rod = Steroids?

Varsity Bulldog farright3030 has turned a few heads around herefarright3030 has turned a few heads around here farright3030's Avatar

A-rod = Steroids?

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Re: A-rod = Steroids?

no, it's called growing up. he was a skinny 18 year old when he started and as he has gotten older, his body has grown accordingly. Now, Bonds went from being a slightly skinny 26 year old to being a horse at age 37.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

yeah, and his head still looks the same size in those three pics... :icon_wink:

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Who cares? Regardless of whether or not he used them, it doesn't affect his ability to actually HIT. You still have to have the required hand-eye coordination. If you make contact with a 100 mph fast ball, it's gone. The roids would only result in a farther home-run.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

No, I mean his head really looks the same size...unlike pics of Mr. Bonds. AG, you are too used to reading blatent sarcasm on this board! I totally do not believe that A-Rod is on roids. But I agree with what you said even if he is.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    No, I mean his head really looks the same size...unlike pics of Mr. Bonds. AG, you are too used to reading blatent sarcasm on this board! I totally do not believe that A-Rod is on roids. But I agree with what you said even if he is.
    lol, my response wasn't to your head comment, it was to the issue in general, of whether or not he used them. But the "head case" is a good point.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AG_jr View Post
    Who cares? Regardless of whether or not he used them, it doesn't affect his ability to actually HIT. You still have to have the required hand-eye coordination. If you make contact with a 100 mph fast ball, it's gone. The roids would only result in a farther home-run.
    lol, my response wasn't to your head comment, it was to the issue in general, of whether or not he used them. But the "head case" is a good point.
    I hear people say this alot, but here's a question I have. Isn't there a range in how heavy a bat can be? Wouldn't a heavier bat hit a baseball farther than a light bat? I ask that because I remember watching a little bit of a special about Kirby Puckett before his HOF indoctrination in which he said he was using a light bat so he wouldn't hit alot of long fly balls and instead get more hits. Now, with that in mind, while it still takes the hand-eye coordination to hit the ball, wouldn't it fit that a person who is stronger can increase the weight of his bat and not lose the bat speed necessary to hit the ball farther?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I hear people say this alot, but here's a question I have. Isn't there a range in how heavy a bat can be? Wouldn't a heavier bat hit a baseball farther than a light bat? I ask that because I remember watching a little bit of a special about Kirby Puckett before his HOF indoctrination in which he said he was using a light bat so he wouldn't hit alot of long fly balls and instead get more hits. Now, with that in mind, while it still takes the hand-eye coordination to hit the ball, wouldn't it fit that a person who is stronger can increase the weight of his bat and not lose the bat speed necessary to hit the ball farther?
    That's a very valid point, but in my opinion, the ability to actually hit the ball would outweigh (for lack of a better term) any steroid usage. But, like I said, it's merely my opinion.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

You should expect an 18 yo kid to grow up.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

That's a very valid point, but in my opinion, the ability to actually hit the ball would outweigh (for lack of a better term) any steroid usage. But, like I said, it's merely my opinion.
    I'll be honest. I like Barry Bonds. In fact, I told Sooner one day that I guess it's because I'm not such a devout follower of baseball as many are, but I really haven't seen a problem with Barry. As far as the steroid issue, I personally don't see it as a problem if it wasn't illegal and wasn't forbidden. People can say all they want about enhancing performance, but what really changed my opinion was when I was watching a special on A&E, I believe, about the history of drug use in America.
    Did you know at one time the use of cocaine was legal? In fact, up until it was made illegal, major league players used cocaine to enhance their performances in their games. It said it on the program. It said something to the fact that with so many games in a row and going from night to day times that the players would get fatigued so would use cocaine to make them more alert and energized. So tell me, if the use of performance enhancers in baseball wasn't forbidden and the substances Barry used weren't illegal, how is his use of these things any different than the older generation players using cocaine to enhance their performances?

Varsity Bulldog farright3030 has turned a few heads around herefarright3030 has turned a few heads around here farright3030's Avatar

Dont underestimate the power of the second law.

I'll be honest. I like Barry Bonds. In fact, I told Sooner one day that I guess it's because I'm not such a devout follower of baseball as many are, but I really haven't seen a problem with Barry. As far as the steroid issue, I personally don't see it as a problem if it wasn't illegal and wasn't forbidden. People can say all they want about enhancing performance, but what really changed my opinion was when I was watching a special on A&E, I believe, about the history of drug use in America.
    Did you know at one time the use of cocaine was legal? In fact, up until it was made illegal, major league players used cocaine to enhance their performances in their games. It said it on the program. It said something to the fact that with so many games in a row and going from night to day times that the players would get fatigued so would use cocaine to make them more alert and energized. So tell me, if the use of performance enhancers in baseball wasn't forbidden and the substances Barry used weren't illegal, how is his use of these things any different than the older generation players using cocaine to enhance their performances?
    HGH wasnt banned until 03 and still can not be tested for. Where is the outcry about Lance Armstrong in this country if we are going to use the same logic as Bonds?

Believe me, Dirty, we are on the same side and the same page. I have no problem with his steroid usage. It is no different than smart kids using Aderol (sp?) to help their concentration levels. And these kids are competing for scolarship money. Performance enhancing drugs are all over the place. Bonds is just unlucky b/c his caught the media's attention.

Quote Originally Posted by farright3030 View Post
    HGH wasnt banned until 03 and still can not be tested for. Where is the outcry about Lance Armstrong in this country if we are going to use the same logic as Bonds?
    Lance Armstrong? Give me a break. He's a bicycle rider. Let him post up against Ben Wallace, or gear up in pads and try to stop Deuce McCallister from breaking through the line or stand with his toes at the edge of the batter's box with Clemens throwing him high and tight if he wants me to take him seriously.

Believe me, Dirty, we are on the same side and the same page. I have no problem with his steroid usage. It is no different than smart kids using Aderol (sp?) to help their concentration levels. And these kids are competing for scolarship money. Performance enhancing drugs are all over the place. Bonds is just unlucky b/c his caught the media's attention.
    I figured we were. I just quoted you because I didn't want you to think I was anti-Barry. Frankly, I believe that the usage could have helped his ability to hit more home runs, but like I said, if it wasn't forbidden then he did nothing wrong. You know, the same thing could be said about lifting weights. They're performance enhancers as well.

+ Reply to Thread