+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Band Vs. Housing

Puppy PearlDawg has turned a few heads around herePearlDawg has turned a few heads around here PearlDawg's Avatar

Re: Band Vs. Housing

Dirtydawg, I completely agree with you and the reason I posted on here was to get feedback from others to see if it was just me being outraged by this. I think Reneau wouldn't like the fact that quality students can't be a part of both of these activities.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

I would rather have more band members than more RAs.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PearlDawg View Post
    Dirtydawg, I completely agree with you and the reason I posted on here was to get feedback from others to see if it was just me being outraged by this. I think Reneau wouldn't like the fact that quality students can't be a part of both of these activities.
    No. You are not the only one that is outraged. Even if you were, it shouldn't keep you from voicing your concerns over this to Dr. Reneau. You all are the types of students one wants at a university-dedicated and loyal. That should be rewarded not punished.

Big Dog bjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her game bjude64's Avatar

Doing both should be easy. I've seen it done before, and it can be done now. The individual must excel at both positions to make it work though. Organizations will not tolerate such annoyances for moderate talent. Mediocrity is how one becomes dispensable.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Many of you have already mentioned the bottom line in this discussion...

Band is a class. Missing a rehearsal affects your grade. I think this ends the argument.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

I'll admit. When I read the title of this thread, I really hoped it would be talking about paintball or wrestling or something. The feud surprises me. One of the guys who is pretty high up the "housing" chain is Anthony Jackson, an ex-drum major of the BoP. As I read this, I can't help but think that there is NO WAY that Mr. Speed is still the Director of Housing if this feud is going on.

It also seems like I remember housing being hard up for RAs because there were not enough interested parties for men's dorms.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I was an R.A. and a Tech band member during my college days.

Big Dog bjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her game bjude64's Avatar

Band is a grade....that should not be the thought process here. There are people who can do both. I've seen them. The ones I have seen have been some of the best in Tech Band. The fact is Tech band has many members who can barely make it through major scales, and from what I've seen for the most part, the RA people aren't those.

That being said, if there is TRULY a commitment to making Tech band a big-time college band, I understand.
    Last edited by bjude64; 01-24-2008 at 04:18 PM.

+ Reply to Thread