+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SJSU the WAC's #1 Engineering school???

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

SJSU the WAC's #1 Engineering school???

Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Re: SJSU the WAC's #1 Engineering school???

I love the logic, new graduates are getting tons of job offers from Silicon Valley.....and? Tech graduates get offers all over the country and world, if you cater to just one industry/area how does that make you the best engineering school??? Insane rhetoric from people that have no idea what they are talking about.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Tell them we'll see their silicon valley and raise them a nanotechnology.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Tell them we'll see their silicon valley and raise them a nanotechnology.
    and a biomedical, civil, chemical, construction, mechanical, and electrical.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Yeah, jobs in the Valley are paying a ridiculous amount (90-120, easily) for college graduates. I almost moved out there last year.

Of course, you're paying INSANE costs to live there, as well, putting yourself in the 50-60k range, in Ruston dollars.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    Yeah, jobs in the Valley are paying a ridiculous amount (90-120, easily) for college graduates. I almost moved out there last year.

Of course, you're paying INSANE costs to live there, as well, putting yourself in the 50-60k range, in Ruston dollars.
    And, you would be living in California - I can't understand why anyone would want to do that. Sorry for those that live there- but Hell would freeze over before I would make that choice.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    Of course, you're paying INSANE costs to live there...
    And THAT is the key! Looking at salaries is useless. You can't even compare an Austin salary to a N. Louisiana one. The cost of living (especially housing) makes it a very unequal comparison. I looked at moving to Austin last year for a fairly good paying job. When I compared the housing cost, though, I would be clearing MUCH less than I do where I am now. California is much more than that.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Didn't they try this last year? I seem to remember a thread about it. California is nice to visit but with the traffic, smog, earthquakes, traffic and the hippies, I couldn't see living out there. Did I mention the traffic?

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    Didn't they try this last year? I seem to remember a thread about it. California is nice to visit but with the traffic, smog, earthquakes, traffic and the hippies, I couldn't see living out there. Did I mention the traffic?
    SOUTHPARK:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...60719289491601

VAULT COMMERCIAL:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0

I don't know what kind of engineering program SJSU has, but I'll stand my job up against anyone. I am very proud of my Tech degree and it has already served me well.

+ Reply to Thread