+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bulldogs' Champion likes offense - News Star

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Bulldogs' Champion likes offense - News Star

A new article has been posted on The News Star:

RUSTON ? Fifth-year senior Louisiana Tech quarterback Zac Champion has little doubt that the addition of former Tulane coach Frank Scelfo as offensive coordinator will pay dividends in the upcoming season.

More...

Feel free to discuss it here

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: Bulldogs' Champion likes offense - News Star

"Just from the the spring drills and working with him (Scelfo) most of the summer, I have probably learned more about reading defenses and running the an efficient offense than I have in my previous four years here at Tech," Champion said.

Why do I not find that hard to believe? I wonder if that means we'll finally see more motion in our offense to help the qb read the defense.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

I wasn't going to touch that quote, but after reading it, my head dropped in almost embarrassment. That literally disgusts me.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

"As a defensive unit, our goal is to be the best in the country and with the guys we have coming back and the quality coaching we are receiving, I think we will improve drastically this season," Muse said.

"Just from the the spring drills and working with him (Scelfo) most of the summer, I have probably learned more about reading defenses and running the an efficient offense than I have in my previous four years here at Tech," Champion said.

Was our old coaching staff really as bad as we suspected it was? It sure seems that way with the way the players are talking.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Varsity Bulldog Dawgs241 has turned a few heads around hereDawgs241 has turned a few heads around hereDawgs241 has turned a few heads around hereDawgs241 has turned a few heads around here

This makes me think, how many great football players slipped through here the last several years and was waisted because of a bad coaching staff. I truly believe that Luke and several others could of been a lot better.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post

Why do I not find that hard to believe? I wonder if that means we'll finally see more motion in our offense to help the qb read the defense.
    That says alot about our current WR coach and previous OC
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs241 View Post
    This makes me think, how many great football players slipped through here the last several years and was waisted because of a bad coaching staff. I truly believe that Luke and several others could of been a lot better.
    Luke was better as a freshman versus the next 3 years under you know who as OC. Oh well....ONWARD AND UPWARD!!

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    That says alot about our current WR coach and previous OC
    Yea I was thinking the same thing. Zac should be more careful when talking about current members of the staff. But then again Conroy could have tried to do these things but Bicknell tried to hold him back. Remember quotes following Fresno 2 years ago.

Official Unofficial BB&B Pollster TennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her game TennesseeDawg's Avatar

I think we will be a lot better this year!!!!!!!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Yea I was thinking the same thing. Zac should be more careful when talking about current members of the staff. But then again Conroy could have tried to do these things but Bicknell tried to hold him back. Remember quotes following Fresno 2 years ago.
    You can't be serious. Do you honestly believe that Bicknell wouldn't let Conroy teach our quarterback how to read defenses?

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    You can't be serious. Do you honestly believe that Bicknell wouldn't let Conroy teach our quarterback how to read defenses?
    Maybe reading defenses is overrated, just like halftime adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup View Post
    Maybe reading defenses is overrated, just like halftime adjustments.
    Yeah. Apparently so. Somehow, I suspect that JB3 didn't keep CH from teaching our qbs how to read defenses. I don't think JB3 realized that he wasn't because he didn't know better either.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs241 View Post
    HA! Even Moats getting more play time was a fluke. We could have had Joe Montana come through during Bicknell's reign and would never know it.

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

I think you're going to see a lot of improvement in a pretty short period of time.
    However, please keep in mind that a team's greatest improvement usually comes between weeks 1 and 2.
    And a PROGRAM's greatest improvement usually comes in year 2.

It's very easy to get caught up in all this NEW COACH and NEW PROGRAM hype. The excitement builds and next thing you know....you start setting unrealistic expectations on the new staff.

Be patient. Good things are coming. Just don't set the bar too high too early or you're asking for failure.

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

EXAMPLE:
    Our defensive scheme is changing. Not just the name. Not just the formation. The entire scheme and philosophy of the defense has changed. Heck, even the terminology is different.
    This causes hesitation.
    It will take some time with the new system before our players are able to play at full speed. No, they aren't losing digits off their 40 time. But they will have to think about what's going on before they act on what's going on. They are new to the system. Reads are different.

These guys are probably going to "look" a step slower until they have TIME in the system.

If the staff is stable, they will look like a different squad in year 2. They will be able to instinctively react to reads instead of thinking about it. And it could click sooner. It could click by mid-season. But generally, a program will step it up a notch in year two if the systems (O and D) stay the same.

+ Reply to Thread