+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Food Plots

Big Dog SkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the rough

Re: Food Plots

It may be tough to find this year, you might try to google native seeds. The drought last year put a lot of natives in very short supply. The seed companies do not usually reccommend any lime or fertilizer on the natives until the year after they are planted to prevent boosting weed competition. Just be careful if you buy one of the major company's food plot blends. Look at the species make up. I talked to one guy last year that paid about $50 for 35 cents worth of turnip seeds.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

The chepest price I could find for the budleflower is 17$ per pound. Does this sound right to you?
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

No planting needed in South Texas. Our lake is full and so are all the tanks. The last 3 days I spent 12 hours on a bushhawg taking down waist high grass and mesquite!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Sounds great but I'm already set for this year excepting some triple 13 for one last plot. I'll need about 100 lbs. I'll keep this in mind for next year as that is a fantastic price on lime. Do you use the pelletized or powder lime and why is fertilizer so much more expensive these days? The trip13 is almost as expensive as some of the seed!
    Being in the lawn care business my guys are always getting bags of fert wet and therefore unusable on lawns but you can spread it out in a crude fashion. You can have all you want. The lime is pelletized. The reason fert is so expensive is natural gas is used in the process of makeing nitrogen for fertilizer, natural gas goes up so does fert. It's been the trend for several years.

Big Dog SkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    The chepest price I could find for the budleflower is 17$ per pound. Does this sound right to you?
    Actually that is not a bad price, if they have some. Bundleflower seed flucuates according to supply. I have seen it as high as $35 and as low as $5.

+ Reply to Thread