+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Currently Without Live Mascot

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Currently Without Live Mascot

It's my understanding that our mascot Tech suffered a heat stroke and will no longer be able to fulfill his duties. We need $1500.00 for a Bulldawg pup! Any suggestions on how we can get this done?

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Re: Currently Without Live Mascot

WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN??????

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN??????

I don't know, I was told about it yesterday by a very reliable source.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

I thought Champ XIX was there chasing the volleyballs yesterday? Was that not Champ XIX?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Don't Tech usually form a committee and select a bulldog among the 10 best they've search.

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    I thought Champ XIX was there chasing the volleyballs yesterday? Was that not Champ XIX?
    Tech XIX, Champ is the costumed mascot

I thought they were already searching for a new dog before this happened, to be honest XIX hasn't been too great of a mascot.

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Don't Tech usually form a committee and select a bulldog among the 10 best they've search.

It is my understanding they have no plans to do so.

Champ GrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    It's my understanding that our mascot Tech suffered a heat stroke and will no longer be able to fulfill his duties. We need $1500.00 for a Bulldawg pup! Any suggestions on how we can get this done?
    I have 2 bulldogs. I have season tickets. I'll see if I can find a photo site to post the photos of my 2 dogs. the male (7 months) is mostly white, just a little red on the tail. the female (4 years) is mostly red, with some white around the front legs and face.
    Last edited by GrassyNoleHitman; 08-13-2007 at 09:49 AM. Reason: typo

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

How many season did this dog last? Wasn't it time for him to retire?

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    How many season did this dog last? Wasn't it time for him to retire?
    Seems like he's been around since the 2002 season. That's pretty much a guess though.

I know there was a page about the new mascot in my brother's Lagniappe, he was at Tech 2001-2005.

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup View Post
    Tech XIX, Champ is the costumed mascot
    Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup View Post

I thought they were already searching for a new dog before this happened, to be honest XIX hasn't been too great of a mascot.

All I know is that I was told they were not searching for a new dog. If they are, well then good. I can work on curing world hunger.

Between this and the return of the black tarps and the two cups of coffee this morning my blood pressure was rising.

Not too great in what way, TulsaPup? Just curious.

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

It is my understanding they have no plans to do so.
    One of the years I was in school (2000 - 2004) we got Tech XIX. They did form a committee and apparently searched all over the country because the bulldog had to have the exact correct color and markings. That was then, not sure what the plans are for this time.

Not too great in what way, TulsaPup? Just curious.

I walked him at a few games and orientations, and my friends did at most other games. He was very lazy and didn't like to walk anywhere. If you let him sit down you had to drag him or carry him to get him to move. He was very good with kids and people though, maybe because of the laziness :icon_wink: he didn't mind people petting him all day.

Best moment with him, we had him courtside at the Tech-Fresno MBB game. When Fresno came out Tech XIX growled and lunged at the team. It was awesome, and the only time I've ever heard him growl.

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

Wasn't NathanDarby's bulldog used last year as a substitute mascot for one game?

Varsity Bulldog Junky has turned a few heads around hereJunky has turned a few heads around hereJunky has turned a few heads around here

I was told that they were considering retiring Tech XIX sometime soon anyway because he is bad dog for a mascot. If anyone has watch him he trots around and lays down underneath the seath a the TAC, sometimes he doesnt want to move and lays down for long periods of time, unless someone pushes him. I dont know if they were looking for a new dog already though.

+ Reply to Thread