+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Early lineup

Puppy latechsports! is an unknown

Re: Early lineup

I noticed that he struck out a whole lot and if he was hurting why didnt he take himself out to benefit the team? I also agree he should come in relief a little more for pitching.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tellmesomethingidontknow View Post
    Looking into the numbers and as a baseball fan of LA Tech I going to throw a few topics into the mix. Probably taboo subjects.

I get the impression that Jerico Jones is a no touch subject. I saw a few games last year and I am really not impressed with his batting (I can't call it hitting). On the mound, early in his season his velo was way down. As the season went on, it seemed as if he became more effective on the mound. Hitting wise, he strikes out way too much. Last year; of his AB's basically he either hit a single or strikes out. He went to Cape Cod and didnt play. Did he get hurt or did the coach at C Cod league see something we haven't.

I would hope there are a few hitters in the younger ranks, turn JJ into a pitcher only and score some dang runs. Get Goulder hitting in the first half of the year!! Mr. Wisconsin looks to be a good fill in for D Winn. Bunting at third, Goulder at first. PT in left Cobb in CF and someone new in RF, someone new at DH. Got to be honest, I saw Bohannon and Brady(both freshman) rake all fall but got lost in season. I think Brady redshirted. Those could be two names that make some noise.

The lose to SJSU in the tourney hurt. Losing to FSU in the first game may have taken the wind out of our sails but losing to a team like SJSU didnt look or feel good.

Courtney should have played more last year. He would have been my DH, sit JJ and have Hudson in RF. I know there are many factors to determining who are your starters but from what I saw from CJones, he hit his way onto the field.

Cant wait for fall ball. We need some hitters. Our pitching should stand up pretty well. Rumor has it, we lost one redshirt freshman from last year. Anyone know who it was?

I don't think you saw enough games to know what you're talking about...

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by latechsports! View Post
    I noticed that he struck out a whole lot and if he was hurting why didnt he take himself out to benefit the team? I also agree he should come in relief a little more for pitching.
    He sat out several games last year and also was relegated to Pitch hitting duties for a while as well.

Jericho will be fine. He and Courtney are the only players that put enough fear into the opposing pitchers to make them not pitch around Albie. We NEED Jericho's bat.

Bulldog littledawg50 is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    He sat out several games last year and also was relegated to Pitch hitting duties for a while as well.

Jericho will be fine. He and Courtney are the only players that put enough fear into the opposing pitchers to make them not pitch around Albie. We NEED Jericho's bat.
    I tend to look at the conf only stats. Its more of a true measure of what kind of year a player had, not all the time but moreso than not. Better pitchers, teams know you, you don't have the cup cakes(stat padders like Grambling, Ark-PB, etc). Our returners conf only BA's:

PT---------.404
    Kerstin---.400
    Albi--------.397
    Bunting--.327
    KWinn---.281
    JJ---------.268
    Cobb----.264
    NickG----.242
    Combs--.154

Our hitting was fine last year, good enough to win 40, our problem was inconsistent pitching, too many walks and hit batters. I think that will change this year.
    I don't think teams fear JJ anymore but thats good, he should get more pitches to hit.

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Baseball Re: Early lineup

I agree about needing improved pitching. Last season we gave up 539 hits (9.13/gm).....258 walks (4.37/gm).....and 75 hit batters (1.27/gm). Many of the walks were to leadoff batters who end up scoring 80% of the time. The good news is that our pitching should be improved this season ( which is important after losing a lot of offensive production to the draft and graduation).

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

NCAA will have umpires enforce that batters that make no attempt to get out of way of pitch and get hit will not be awarded first base. There were a record number of hit batters nationally and in CWS. Way too many batters leaning in and crowding to get hit to be awarded first base.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Designated Hitter View Post
    NCAA will have umpires enforce that batters that make no attempt to get out of way of pitch and get hit will not be awarded first base. There were a record number of hit batters nationally and in CWS. Way too many batters leaning in and crowding to get hit to be awarded first base.
    Wait a minute. You mean some batters actually lean in on the ball? Next thing you will tell me is sometimes batters hit the ground after the ball comes close to them and they act like they have been hit.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Wait a minute. You mean some batters actually lean in on the ball? Next thing you will tell me is sometimes batters hit the ground after the ball comes close to them and they act like they have been hit.
    Would not try to tell you anything. Just stating some information from recent release from NCAA rules committee.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post

...and then start crawling to first base while squealing like a pig?

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    ...and then start crawling to first base while squealing like a pig?
    .....and his initials are BW.....sure wish he was coming back this season for a little pay-back in College Station on Feb 29th. I bet he's following his dream in Hollywood.

Puppy latechsports! is an unknown

Has anyone heard anything about any of the new guys coming in, now that everyones back to school? Only thing ive heard is that the john anderson kid has a good arm and will help us out this year on the mound.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by latechsports! View Post
    Has anyone heard anything about any of the new guys coming in, now that everyones back to school? Only thing ive heard is that the john anderson kid has a good arm and will help us out this year on the mound.

I heard he sings country music on the side....

+ Reply to Thread