+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Early lineup

Puppy latechsports! is an unknown

Early lineup

What is likely to be next years lineup in the field, starting pitchers, and best 3 or 4 relief guys? Any clue? thanks

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: Early lineup

We haven't even gotten to the Fall work outs yet!! You can pretty much look at last years team and you'll see the favorites. Stay tuned here for the suprise players as the season gets closer.

My guess:
    C ~ Matt Combs and Drew Thomas (assuming that he'll be back)
    1B ~ Albie (Nobody else will play unless he's injured)
    2B ~ Kevin Winn (Patrick Maxwell)
    3B ~ Drew Bunting (Courtney Jones)
    SS ~ Nick Grunenwald (Chris Kersten)
    OF ~ Patrick Thomas, Adam Cobb, Jericho Jones (4th outfielder Jonathon Mire)
    DH ~ Courtney Jones (when Jericho isn't pitching)

SP ~ (weekend) Luke, Moseley, Helms, Jericho; (weekday) Braud, Bradshaw, and Knotts
    RP ~ Lassarre and Lorio will be a good 7th-9th inning pitchers when needed.

We haven't seen much out of the freshmen last year due to having plenty of upperclassmen taking the starting roles. Some of the guys are playing in Summer leauges, so you can check out what they are doing there as well. Once the Fall series kicks up, we'll have a better idea of what the lineups will look like.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

From what I understand, Helms is way down on the list as as pitchers go. I know he is having a dynamic summer, but right now, he is not being considered for a SP. Now, once maybe he gets back to school and coaches SEE him in action, that may change.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Is Courtney Jones coming back? I know it was a question last year and then I remember someone saying that he was honored on senior night, so I thought no. Does anyone know for sure?
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

www.casadice.com

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Courtney will not be on the team this year, although I think he will be back at Tech to finish his degree.

Watch for an announcement real soon on five more players signed for this season.

Bulldog littledawg50 is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post

Watch for an announcement real soon on five more players signed for this season.
    You're going to tease us like that? Shame on you!:icon_wink:

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Maxwell will not return to the team either. Also, Kersten at 3B with Bunting at 2B is likely the way to go.

Puppy JohnDoe is an unknown JohnDoe's Avatar

Didn't we sign a pretty good catcher? If he can hit at all I could see him starting over Combs and Thomas....
    "We'll lead, you follow, everyone else...get the hell out of the way" ~ Kerry Rupp

Quote Originally Posted by Chris29 View Post
    Maxwell will not return to the team either. Also, Kersten at 3B with Bunting at 2B is likely the way to go.
    Where is Maxwell going? Is he the only one to transfer?

www.casadice.com

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

i was told he said he is coming back to school here but won't be playing ball. that could change but right now that is the word.

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

3b-Kersten,ss-Grunenwald,2b-K.Winn,1b-Goulder,lf-PT,cf-Cobb,rf-Jericho,DH-Bunting,c-Combs

Quote Originally Posted by falcon View Post
    3b-Kersten,ss-Grunenwald,2b-K.Winn,1b-Goulder,lf-PT,cf-Cobb,rf-Jericho,DH-Bunting,c-Combs
    I think Bunting is better than Kersten defensively. But that lineup works.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
    Didn't we sign a pretty good catcher? If he can hit at all I could see him starting over Combs and Thomas....
    Yeah, Clint Ewing from Captain Shreve..But I don't think he's ready to start yet. He's got a cannon, though.

Puppy BB LaDawg is an unknown BB LaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    Yeah, Clint Ewing from Captain Shreve..But I don't think he's ready to start yet. He's got a cannon, though.
    While Combs (who has a proven "cannon") may need some relief due to the new series format, he will be our starting catcher. I am sure the freshman is good or Sim wouldn't have signed him, but I think Combs with the help of Thomas will see most of the action. I predict Combs will be a huge asset to our Dawgs this year.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

I think that Combs and Drew Thomas pretty much have a big majority of the playing time behind the dish. Alex Richard will be on the depth chart as well. PLUS, I think that there was a Pitcher and a Catcher that signed with us from Dehnam Springs. That's either 4 or 5 catchers that will be on the roster.

Clint will be coming to TECH for either engineering or nanotechnology (according to a S'port magazine). He may want that 5th year and decide to Redshirt.

+ Reply to Thread