+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: "Nappy-headed Ho" sues Imus

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Re: "Nappy-headed Ho" sues Imus

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I get applicants all the time that get through HR and it is a toss up on which one to choose. Each has their positives. While there are no identical twin resume's, there are many many times that it is difficult to choose which candidate. The fact is that, before affirmative action, if a Black man and a White man walked into most corporate offices, the White one would get the job. Frankly, I don't see how you can argue with that.

Predjudice and discrimination still exists toward many minorities.
    And always will as long as people believe in "minorities". There is no reason at all to have to write down what race you are on ANY application WHATSOEVER!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by AG_jr View Post
    And always will as long as people believe in "minorities". There is no reason at all to have to write down what race you are on ANY application WHATSOEVER!
    That is the part that I am not so sure about yet. You are, possibly, correct. Of course, I don't know of many applications that ask that, except for the optional EEO form.

We all hope that we can get to that place. There is just not much of a way that we can see if we are there yet.

Bulldog D_dubb has turned a few heads around hereD_dubb has turned a few heads around here D_dubb's Avatar

Oh come on CARTEK, if someone bad mouthed you on national t.v. after you just accomplished something really big in school history and your career, and now all you have to hear is negative things and not positive things that you have accomplished you might not sue but you would be readyb to kick some ass. Now if she was really hood and got some of her people to do what they do, you would be hollering that she was wrong. Yeah she will benefit from the money but that is not the reason she is sueing.

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D_dubb View Post
    Oh come on CARTEK, if someone bad mouthed you on national t.v. after you just accomplished something really big in school history and your career, and now all you have to hear is negative things and not positive things that you have accomplished you might not sue but you would be readyb to kick some ass. Now if she was really hood and got some of her people to do what they do, you would be hollering that she was wrong. Yeah she will benefit from the money but that is not the reason she is sueing.
    As an athlete, why would you play anywhere near NYC if you can't handle the fire?

Bulldog D_dubb has turned a few heads around hereD_dubb has turned a few heads around here D_dubb's Avatar

What? They may have given her the best offer that's why play close to NYC. What was your point with that comment again?

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D_dubb View Post
    What? They may have given her the best offer that's why play close to NYC. What was your point with that comment again?
    Just an observation that things are more heavily scrutinized by media in NYC than elsewhere. In other words, if they reach a new level of success at Rutgers, they are going to get more media attention then if the same players were to reach a new level of success at, say, Florida. Media attention is a mixed bag - I'm sure they appreciated some of the positive publicity that came from their preferential location (NY area). It shouldn't have been surprising IMO that someone in the media would take a different approach.

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

Some comments......

I do not know how many players there are on a woman's basketball team...... But I'll guess there are at least 10.
    So why is only 1 player suing the old space-head?

I suspect that all of the young ladies on the team know each other quite well, and are easily able to contact most if not all of thier fellow team members.
    I also suspect that the involved lawyer would have made some effort to expand his suit by including other players if possible.
    So why has only one player (to date) opted to don a Fred G. Sanford neck brace, and seek some "white man in a Cadillac" coin of the realm?
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...... But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

Next comment......

If the invloved "offended" party wishes to sue her true offenders......
    Why is she not suing Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson who significantly PROFITED by exploiting the minor Imus remark toward their personal and obvioud ends......
    And every fourth estate muckraker that "ran" this minor "news item" to death while continuing to IGNORE REAL NEWS?

I have never WATCHED Imus. But I have routinely clicked on Imus when CNN and Fox and CNBC all air commercials simultaneously.
    My personal impressions......
    An interesting guest at times who has something to say that holds my interest, despite Imus......
    But generally just Imus and his cadre, with Imus stumbling and mumbling in his usual DEADHEAD dust.

I'll take a wild guess and assume that there are at least 10 Imus faithful under the age of 40...... And that at least one of these young folk is black.

BUT I WILL NEVER BELIEVE......
    That any regular Imus listener/viewer with an IQ over 70 could EVER seriously taste Imus unsalted......
    Unless they were COMPLETELY STONED out of their little grey cell strangled minds.

My suggestion for the Imus lawyers......
    If this nappy lawsuit ever sees courtroom light......
    Simply play 5 hours of Imus mumbling to himself for the jury...... And grab an early lunch.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...... But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Last comment for tonight......

Recently on another thread......
    There was an item regarding a white fellow who was awarded a mere $150,000 in compensation after being harassed and demeaned for @3 years by his black supervisor.

If $150,000 is JUST compensation for @ 3 years of black racial stupidity......
    What JUST compensation would be a fair award for @3 seconds of dumb (or even clever)white racial stupidity?

May every dawg interested by any such question do their own math. :icon_wink:

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I think every black man should sue Stevie Wonder for his racist lyrics in "I Wish".

Looking back on when I was a little nappyheaded boy
    I mean, everyone knows, now, that nappyheaded is a racist statement and not just a way of describing someone. And don't get me started on the racial implications of the word "boy".

Big Dog metrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her game metrydawg's Avatar

Imus is on the radio again, and I'm sure he has learned from his mistakes. Imus will always be Imus, but hopefully,in the future ,a more tactful Imus. I never condoned the behavior of Imus,(beyond mean...and rediculous). He did not have to resort to going where he went. So, Imus was fired by CBS, and justifiably so! But this is still a free country, and Imus still has a right to earn a living. Turn the dial if you do not want to listen to him! On the other hand, the young lady or ladies that Imus spewed his venim at also have a right in this country of ours to pursue civil damages also. Even if people don't like it. They have a perfectly free right to do this and have their own day in court with Imus.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by metrydawg View Post
    Imus is on the radio again, and I'm sure he has learned from his mistakes. Imus will always be Imus, but hopefully,in the future ,a more tactful Imus. I never condoned the behavior of Imus,(beyond mean...and rediculous). He did not have to resort to going where he went. So, Imus was fired by CBS, and justifiably so! But this is still a free country, and Imus still has a right to earn a living. Turn the dial if you do not want to listen to him! On the other hand, the young lady or ladies that Imus spewed his venim at also have a right in this country of ours to pursue civil damages also. Even if people don't like it. They have a perfectly free right to do this and have their own day in court with Imus.
    Just as Imus has the right to say what he wants does not make what he say right, the girls may have a right to sue him, but it doesn't make it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Just as Imus has the right to say what he wants does not make what he say right, the girls may have a right to sue him, but it doesn't make it right.
    GIRLS......

What "GIRLS"?

Is more than ONE GIRL suing this "white guy in a cadillac"?

Almost unnoticed......
    And without any fourth estate fanfare or questions......
    The ONLY female basketball player to sue Imus.....
    Quietly withdrew her suit without any explanation I know of, and without so much as a thin out of court settlement dime in her purse.

+ Reply to Thread