+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Father Accused of Shooting, Paralyzing Daughter's Boyfriend After Finding Him in Clos

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Father Accused of Shooting, Paralyzing Daughter's Boyfriend After Finding Him in Clos

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293714,00.html

This is why you always hide under the bed
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: Father Accused of Shooting, Paralyzing Daughter's Boyfriend After Finding Him in Clos

I would have jumped out the window after he left the room.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Father Accused of Shooting, Paralyzing Daughter's Boyfriend After Finding Him in

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    The car works great as an alternative to a girl's bedroom.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Re: Father Accused of Shooting, Paralyzing Daughter's Boyfriend After Finding Him in

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    The car works great as an alternative to a girl's bedroom.
    None of this is the least bit funny to the father of two teenaged daughters. Some snot nosed SOB that doesn't respect me and my daughter enough to at least leave my house and her bedroom with some sanctity would have my utmost ire. The dad should be punished, but I have not one ounce of sympathy for the SOB that was shot.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    None of this is the least bit funny to the father of two teenaged daughters. Some snot nosed SOB that doesn't respect me and my daughter enough to at least leave my house and her bedroom with some sanctity would have my utmost ire. The dad should be punished, but I have not one ounce of sympathy for the SOB that was shot.
    What about the daughter's responsibility in respecting the father's house and her room and leaving it in a sanctified manner?

From reading the article, it sounded like the daughter assisted in barricading the door. I wonder why they felt it necessary to do that? I mean the father had just finished beating down the kid. Could be that the father made mention of the fact that he was going to get his gun. Hell, he was fearing for his life. Quite frankly, it read like he was going to kill them both. After all, why would you shoot blindly through a door without knowing whether or not you're going to hit your daughter.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

What about the daughter's responsibility in respecting the father's house and her room and leaving it in a sanctified manner?

From reading the article, it sounded like the daughter assisted in barricading the door. I wonder why they felt it necessary to do that? I mean the father had just finished beating down the kid. Could be that the father made mention of the fact that he was going to get his gun. Hell, he was fearing for his life. Quite frankly, it read like he was going to kill them both. After all, why would you shoot blindly through a door without knowing whether or not you're going to hit your daughter.
    Dirty brings up to massively excellent points to consider. Why didn't he run away? Was it because he couldn't get through the window OR was it because he was too injured from the beating? Two, he was shooting through a door, which means he wasn't using the gun to protect himself.

I believe that LA has a "castle" law, which may keep the man from being charged with attempted murder. In this case, I think he should be. An active member of the household invited this guy into the house and he was not given the opportunity to leave peaceably.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I think he didn't have time to escape and, possibly, feared for the girl's life as well. Dirty is right about shooting through the door. My God! This man does not sound stable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    Dirty brings up to massively excellent points to consider. Why didn't he run away? Was it because he couldn't get through the window OR was it because he was too injured from the beating? Two, he was shooting through a door, which means he wasn't using the gun to protect himself.

I believe that LA has a "castle" law, which may keep the man from being charged with attempted murder. In this case, I think he should be. An active member of the household invited this guy into the house and he was not given the opportunity to leave peaceably.
    It wasn't in La. It was in Arkansas. I don't know that he was too injured to make out of a window if he was able to help move a dresser in front of the door.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Re: Father Accused of Shooting, Paralyzing Daughter's Boyfriend After Finding Him in Clos

"Doctors don't expect Guzman to regain any feeling or mobility below his waist"

irony

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Even with a castle law I think there has to be some evidence of a risk to life or property. I'm not sure this meets that burden.

And the point raised about shooting blindly through the door is the most egregious part of this thing. There is no way he could argue that he was trying to protect or defend his daughter when he put her in more danger than the kid did by any rationale.

Champ MattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the rough MattB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    "Doctors don't expect Guzman to regain any feeling or mobility below his waist"

irony
    No kidding. He doesnt have to worry about that part getting him in trouble anymore.

The ass kicking I understand (don't condone, but understand...daughter needed one too btw). But to shoot through a closed door like that, is tough to defend. I think he is up S#$% creek, and rightfully so.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

You obviously didn't read my post well. :icon_wink: I said, the man should be punished. There is no doubt that he went too far. I just said I don't feel sorry for the punk. I wouldn't have felt sorry for the slut either.

As I said, I don't like this story one bit. It is easy to see how it can happen. I'm going to make my children read this article.

Of course we're all assuming that the father found them in a state of undress. The article doesn't mention that he did. There may not have even been any de-sanctification going on at all. Just a crazy father. I remember when I was finishing up at Tech and working at Walmart, there was a girl that worked there who's father was crazy protective like that. If he saw a guy talking to his daughter, he would threaten the guy.

And yes, Sooner, I did understand that you said the father should be punished. However, I disagree in not feeling sorry for the boy or even the girl if something had happened to her. That's an awful minor offense for paralyzing someone. Especially since I'd be willing to bet nearly every single one of us had times we tried to go a little too far at one time or other. At 19, hardly any boy thinks of the sanctification of a willing girl's bedroom. As far as we know, it may have already been violated by someone else.

Of course we're all assuming that the father found them in a state of undress. The article doesn't mention that he did. There may not have even been any de-sanctification going on at all. Just a crazy father. I remember when I was finishing up at Tech and working at Walmart, there was a girl that worked there who's father was crazy protective like that. If he saw a guy talking to his daughter, he would threaten the guy.

And yes, Sooner, I did understand that you said the father should be punished. However, I disagree in not feeling sorry for the boy or even the girl if something had happened to her. That's an awful minor offense for paralyzing someone. Especially since I'd be willing to bet nearly every single one of us had times we tried to go a little too far at one time or other. At 19, hardly any boy thinks of the sanctification of a willing girl's bedroom. As far as we know, it may have already been violated by someone else.
    You can bet that I've made the point to my daughter and each boy she has dated. I had better not find a boy in her bedroom. In fact, I better not even find a boy in our house when I come home. I've made it absolutely clear.

I have no problem with my previous statements. There is nothing "minor" about it. It is only minor if we let it be minor. I don't feel sorry for that boy; not in the least.

I've been told that keeping your teenagers from having sex is like trying to stop a cold front from coming through. Clearly, with all of the sex on tv, internet, magazines and movies, we are fighting an uphill battle, and one that is nearly impossible to win. However, I intend to fight that fight, even if it is a losing fight. The stakes are simply too high not to.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

As the father of 2 girls and another on the way, I kind of agree with Sooner.
    Last edited by Dawgbitten; 08-22-2007 at 09:53 PM.

+ Reply to Thread