+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why would anyone live in Monroe, LA?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Thumbs Down Why would anyone live in Monroe, LA?

Headlines in the Monroe News-Star 8-20-2007

Monroe woman arrested on warrants for cruelty to animals
    Man arrested with 150 pounds of marijuana
    13-year-old charged with trying to rape 12-year-old

I've read so many crazy stuff in this area from chicken fat spills on the interstate to a pig molestor. Why would anyone live in Monroe?

Bulldog dawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the ears dawgette's Avatar

Re: Why would anyone live in Monroe, LA?

i have no idea. i've heard such w o n d e r f u l things about little rock, though. maybe we'll move there instead.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgette View Post
    i have no idea. i've heard such w o n d e r f u l things about little rock, though. maybe we'll move there instead.
    LOL, no doubt, can someone please point me to the nice part of Little Rock. In my time spent there over the years, i have yet to find it :icon_wink:

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

They have a cookbook this year celebrating the infamous anniversary of news happenings at LR Central HS.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post

I've read so many crazy stuff in this area from chicken fat spills on the interstate to a pig molestor. Why would anyone live in Monroe?
    You're reading the News Star too much and not enough of the Ark. Demozette.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    LOL, no doubt, can someone please point me to the nice part of Little Rock. In my time spent there over the years, i have yet to find it :icon_wink:
    The best part about Little Rock is that it is half way to NW Arkansas from here. I highly recommend that area for a visit.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Monroe is a great place to live...

They have public transportation, a beautiful zoo , and a Mayor who mows the grass one time per year whether it needs it or not. It's also the home of the Hon. Charles Jones.

Varsity Bulldog Dawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post

Watch It Choudawg! THERE ARE NOT TOO MANY NICE PLACES, BUT THE NICE PLACES ARE VERY NICE! Come visit the Heights off of Cantrell, great place to live.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post

Dude, I forgot about the pig molestor...that was funny. We had it posted at work for months.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    Dude, I forgot about the pig molestor...that was funny. We had it posted at work for months.
    I work beside an ULM grad, we both agree that crazy stories come out of Monroe, LA.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Only reason I would ever move to Monroe would be if there were no more places to live within a 30 mile radius of Ruston.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

qng001,

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the headlines on the paper's website. Good news doesn't sell papers, so the headlines are usually the bad stuff and the good news is on page 48 in the bottom corner.

For example, every paper today is talking about Hurricane Dean destroying Mexico, a road side bomb in Iraq, etc. I agree that the news from the NS is pretty crazy, but Monroe ain't all that bad.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Monroe is a great place to live...

They have public transportation, a beautiful zoo , and a Mayor who mows the grass one time per year whether it needs it or not. It's also the home of the Hon. Charles Jones.
    Took little Chou to the zoo saturday morning. I had heard there were quite a few "letters to the editors" in the NS complaining about the zoo. We started going pretty often a couple of years ago. It wasnt great, but it was ok. Seemed to be kept up fairly well for a place that is pretty much forgotten about by the City. On our trip Sat, i was VERY disappointed in the way it looked. I think Cofers next stop sould be the zoo. He can tell them what a fresh coat of paint can do for an image.

If you want to see how much the zoo is lacking, just make a short trip over to Tyler. Tthe tyler zoo is a mini version of the Ft Worth Zoo.

Little chou still enjoyed going to see the critters and i guess thats the main thing.

fyi, the whitetail buck is an 8pt this year and it is a HUGE rack. the deer itself looks like its starving.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Both Monroe and Little Rock have pretty bad southsides and their downtowns are pretty run down. Both have nicer areas to live, you just have to find them. Both have stuff to do and both have a lot of shopping, especailly in west Little Rock. West Monroe and North Little Rock also add a lot to both cities, incuding good places to live, good schools, and good places to eat. I have lived in Monroe and I could live in Little Rock, but I think I will stick with Ruston. I'm a small town kind of guy.

+ Reply to Thread