+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting Old/Oldies Station

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Getting Old/Oldies Station

There is an "oldies" station in Shreveport at 95.7 FM. I used to like listening to the music on it from my parents era (Beatles, early Eagles, ect). I haven't listened to it in quite some time as I have XM at work, car, home. I happened to listen to it today at work and I heard several songs from my high school years (Prince, later Elton John). When the first one came on the radio I walked over to the tuner to change it "back" to the oldies station thinking one of my employees had changed the channel. It was still on the oldies station!! I sat staring at the dial in stunned silence for a while as the realization sank in.... I have finally gotten that old. I remember when the Prince song "Party Like It's 1999" came out and I thought how I would be "old" when 1999 finally arrived. Oh well, thank goodness I'm still such a handsome devil:icon_wink:.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Re: Getting Old/Oldies Station

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Oh well, thank goodness I'm still such a handsome devil:icon_wink:.
    Your mom only says that because she has to. :icon_wink:

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

She also used to tell me that girls (high school) really didn't care about what car I drove, but my rich buddy with the red jeep sure seemed to be a more popular ride than my blue station wagon. Those girls just didn't realize that I could fit TWO pirogues and two dozen decoys in the back of that wagon!:icon_wink:
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I knew I was getting old when my teenager referred to old music as "that 90's music".

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

For me it was the 4th of July that I went out at 10 O'Clock to tell the teenagers to stop doing fireworks. I walked back inside and look at my wife and said" oh my god, I'm that old fart that tells the kids to be quiet".

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    For me it was the 4th of July that I went out at 10 O'Clock to tell the teenagers to stop doing fireworks. I walked back inside and look at my wife and said" oh my god, I'm that old fart that tells the kids to be quiet".
    That wasn't the teenagers in my neighborhood - it was the adults.

I heard the oldies station in Austin while I was there. It was playing all the music that I heard growing up. I did feel very old. :bigcry: Oh my gosh - we are those old people - I can't even convince my children that I am still 29 anymore.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I heard THE GIN BLOSSOM'S "ALISSON ROAD" in the form of MUZAK the other day....

Atleast I look OLD -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread