+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rank Bobby Ray Tell

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Re: Rank Bobby Ray Tell

Two games that remind me of BRT - '99 Ulala (i think - away game; rattay hurt) and the '97 Bama game - without him we don't win those games.

Don't believe I saw him in high school - best high school running back I have ever seen in person is Charles Scott.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Best high school running backs I've seen were: John Mays, Roymone Malcolm and Jamie Spencer.

Varsity Bulldog dogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the roughdogbone is a jewel in the rough

Adrian Peterson from down here in Palestine wasn't too shabby.

Varsity Bulldog Bluedawg has turned a few heads around hereBluedawg has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    Two games that remind me of BRT - '99 Ulala (i think - away game; rattay hurt) and the '97 Bama game - without him we don't win those games.

Don't believe I saw him in high school - best high school running back I have ever seen in person is Charles Scott.
    That game in Lafayette was won because of Bobby Ray Tell. He suffered from injuries and was hobbled, but he left it all on the grass of Cajun Field. Tech was a mediocre team without Rattay. Between the suspect officiating and lack of focus by Tech it seemed that the Cajuns would pull the upset. But Tell played the game of his life and brought Tech through for the win. I suspect that it was one of the greatest performances by a player in Tech football history. For that game alone I'd rate him as one of the best backs in Tech history.

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

Tell was amazing in high school. His line used to be something like 6 rushes for 210 yards, before they would quit handing him the ball. I guarantee he averaged more than 15 yards a carry in high school.

With Rattay out for that ULL game, Bobby Ray Tell almost singlehandedly won the game for us running for 264 yards. We won 41-31, Stallworth was 9-23 passsing but had 213 yards mainly due to a 65 yards TD pass to Daigre in the 4th quarter. Tell ran for 264 yards on 23 carries and really put the team on his back.

Varsity Bulldog persnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Bobby Ray Tell was a "good" regional player. Nothing more, nothing less.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Bobby Ray Tell isn't quite getting the repsect he deserves from this thread.

Despite playing on "passing" teams, BRT still ranks 8th on Louisiana Tech's all-time leading rush list with 2,360 career rushing yards. He rushed for more than 100 yds 5 times. In the game against ULL in '99, BRT rushed for 264 yds and was indeed a key factor in helping Louisiana Tech control the clock down the stretch.

Against Alabama in '97, BRT kept Bama's defense off balance with quick "ball control" runs and short pass catches that frustrated the Tide all afternoon.

HD

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Magnum View Post
    I am not discounting BRT, he is just someone I forgot about. Sammy Seamster is the best high school running back I have ever seen.
    BRT was better than Bunny Seamster -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    Ever see Bobby Strogen from Haughton..."Quick Six" from Springhill...two quick ones that come to my mind.
    Saw Delaney at Haughton and Tate at Minden -

BRT was better than both of them in Highschool -

Folks need to remember that those Haynesville teams were playing UP in non-district contests - way up - and playing 3A and 4A teams like Minden and Neville and still running the table each year -

Haynesville was stacked and probably the best team in the state barring John Curtis -

They were so good EVANGEL dodged them and specifically aligned themselves in seperate classes so they would not have to face the TORS -

Quote Originally Posted by persnickety View Post
    Bobby Ray Tell was a "good" regional player. Nothing more, nothing less.
    In high school he was more than a "good" regional player -

Far more -

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

i had the privilege of seeing anthony thomas (still michigan's all time leading rusher) at winnfield and cecil collins at leesville. those were two impressive high school backs.

Wasn't very impressed with Scott the last year the two times I saw him - Minden really made him look mediocre and even though they were a semifinalist last year - defense wasn't their strong point -

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I was going to say the same thing. For those two games alone he gets props from me. Good pass blocker. I liked him on those teams, but for someone with such a low center of gravity he sure fell down a lot. That turf monster really had his number.

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

BRT in HS was about as good as you can be. For some reason a lot of the games were televised in BR and he was really amazing.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

When Coach Frannklin tells me he was the best he ever had, that tells me all I need to know.

+ Reply to Thread