+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2007 Volleyball Season Begins Friday-WACSports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

2007 Volleyball Season Begins Friday-WACSports.com

A new article has been posted on www.wacsports.com:

The 2007 Western Athletic Conference season begins Friday with all nine teams in action. No. 10 Hawai?i will host Michigan at the ASICS Rainbow Wahine Invite. Nevada is also at home hosting head coach Devin Scruggs' alma mater, Pacific. Boise State is the final team at home the opening week hosting the Bronco Invitational.

More...

Discuss it here.

Puppy hilltopper is on the way down

Re: 2007 Volleyball Season Begins Friday-WACSports.com

As an Alumni of La Tech I am glad to see V.BAll start up again. I know Coach Mazeitis has had to fight, for everything she has in her program. I know the ladies had some key injuries last season. I am now hearing (From a coach at Texas) that they are not playing in the TAC. Why, and where do you put the volleyball team? I know the ladies and coaching staff will have a great year.
    Best of luck tonight & have a great season ladies.
    Last edited by hilltopper; 08-24-2007 at 04:51 PM. Reason: my mistake

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

I would assume that this means that the renovations to the TAC are not complete yet, so they may be practicing and playing in Memorial Gym. I think that they should play all their games there if they are able to.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    I would assume that this means that the renovations to the TAC are not complete yet, so they may be practicing and playing in Memorial Gym. I think that they should play all their games there if they are able to.
    Last season when the TAC was not available they played at Lambright. Memorial may be a better venue, but apparently there are politics involved. The official reason they don't play in Memorial is because athletics does not "control" (a very important word in Tech facilities politics) Memorial; however, I don't believe they control Lambright either, so it should be the same issue either way.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

If Dr. Reneau wanted the V-Ball to play in Memorial, by gosh, I bet they would be playing there.
    Screw the P.E. Dept. (or is it now the Kinesiology Dept.?).

PS--TAC floor renovations have NOT even begun last week.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Puppy hilltopper is on the way down

So you mean to tell me that we have a perfectly usable gym for Volleyball, and are making them play in Lambright? It seems a little backwards to me that we are letting issues like this stand in the way of TECH being a better university, all around. I have never really seen a lot of use going on in memorial. They have a really great locker room in there with a huge hot tub that has not been touched in years. I mean put soem $ into it so that everyone, HPER, VOLLEYBALL, AND BASKETBALL WILL HAVE A PLACE TO AT EACH SHARE SOME PRACTICE TIME. IT HAS POTENTIAL. As a former athlete, and graduate I get really frustarted with the lack of "doing thing right" when it comes to wanting to get LA TECH athletics going in the right direction. Its not rocket science. Just ask Dooley, THAT S WHAT HE HAS TOLD PEOPLE? "Do the right things"!!!!!!!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

The do-right rule is wonderful.
    Everyone right now does what they think is right for their own agenda.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread