+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just got into LA and heard that Tommy Spinks passed away today, after

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar

Just got into LA and heard that Tommy Spinks passed away today, after

long battle with cancer... I have not been able to confirm with my parents, but this is terrible news...

He was such a great man.... His daughters Terri and Kimberly were like little sisters to me...

I pray for the Spinks family...

He is with his wonderful father, Otis and mother, Gertrude, in heaven....

God Bless the Spinks family....

Varsity Bulldog Coachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really nice

Re: Just got into LA and heard that Tommy Spinks passed away today, after

Quote Originally Posted by Memdawg View Post
    long battle with cancer... I have not been able to confirm with my parents, but this is terrible news...

He was such a great man.... His daughters Terri and Kimberly were like little sisters to me...

How about "Amazing Grace" in heaven with Otis. Not Gerturde. My thoughts and preyers are with the Spinks family. Tommy was a great receiver for the Tech Nation, but more than that, he was a Christian man that lived life with lots of love for others. His Mom and Dad were wonderful people.

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar

Oops... It was about 2am our time!! But you're right and all you guys came from the same mold!!!

How could I forget Amazing Grace!! Sleep deprivation!!

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Memdawg View Post

Tommy was a great guy and a great WR. I can't ever remember him dropping one of Bradshaw's bullets. I have occasionally seen him at some home games. Didn't his daughter go to Tech?

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Thoughts and Prayers to the family.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I wonder if BBB would want to sponsor a Jersey patch or helmet sticker...
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

I watched Tommy Spinks as a kid growing up in Ruston. His timing on a catch was as good as I've ever seen. He was a class act and a true Tech guy. May GOD bless his family. I, for one, would like to know if we can indeed sponser a memorial # patch on our jerseys or helmets. It couldn't cost much, and he is definitely deserving of such an honor. Who will be the one to step up and find out how we can do this? I wouldn't know where to start. I would truly appreciate it if someone on BBB took this and made it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Tommy was a great guy and a great WR. I can't ever remember him dropping one of Bradshaw's bullets. I have occasionally seen him at some home games. Didn't his daughter go to Tech?
    Yes Don, his daughters Kimberly and Teri went to Tech back in the late 80's...

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I wonder if BBB would want to sponsor a Jersey patch or helmet sticker...
    I would be willing to support this. All it takes is a number decal to go on the back of the helmet, but it would have to be approved by the NCAA. We did the same for Shannon Babineaux--I miss ya' brother!-- when he passed away, though I think Tech played a game or two with the decal before the NCAA approved it.

Varsity Bulldog tbonne34 is just really nicetbonne34 is just really nicetbonne34 is just really nicetbonne34 is just really nicetbonne34 is just really nicetbonne34 is just really nicetbonne34 is just really nicetbonne34 is just really nice

i have a video that runs for 2 hrs of him and bradshaw he is the best wr ever to play at la tech

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

tbonne34 - that must be the fastest 2 hours of football any of us could watch.

+ Reply to Thread